Monday, February 26, 2024

A finish and some progress

Here it is the start of another week, and another month has almost come to an end. It has been a busy month and I know that the next couple of months are also going to be busy so will just have to see how things go.

If someone told me, it was still February when I look at the temperature I would laugh because it sure doesn't feel like that here. We have had temperatures above freezing most days and the forecast for this coming week is once again warm weather.

Red Rose - here is the cross stitch project that got the attention this past week. It was started quite a while ago but over the last week I decided to focus on it and see if I could get it finished up quickly.

Being able to focus on just this piece it made me happy, and I was able to get it finished. So, a project that was started over 10 years ago is finally finished. It would have been nice to finish this project years ago, but at least now it is one more thing off my list of projects to finish.

This project was Red Rose by Linda Overduin Designs and it was a kitted project, so I didn't have to find floss or fabric for it, so it was a fun project to get back to working on. By focusing some time on this it means that other projects that I have on the go, got very little attention but now that this is done it is time to start working on another project and maybe see how much of it I can get done.

Star Touched Meadows - January - here is a very small start on this project. Being able to at least get the border completed was good and hopefully this coming week I can spend a bit of time working on this and maybe get some progress done on it. 

I hope to at least get some more work on this before end weekend as I would like to see what the colours are like on this piece. The flower for January is Carnation so I think the colours are a lot lighter so will see how they turn out.


Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - this is the knitting project that has got some attention over the last week, and it has felt good. I am still working on the increases and hopefully this week I will be able to start the pattern section of the shawl. It is fun having something that I don't need to look at a pattern for a while. 

I have been trying to spend a bit of time each day working on this shawl, and I think that has helped me see some good progress on the overall project. This week I would like to once again try and add some more rows to this and get into the lace pattern. Time will tell how much of it I can get done before next weekend.

Other projects - I haven't worked on any other projects this past week and I do know that I would like to make a bit more progress on my English Paper Piecing before I write that blog on Friday. Maybe that is going to be a focus for at least one day this week and I will see how things go after that.

I hope everyone has had a good week and you have found that bit of time each day to do something for yourself. It can be a challenge some days to get that time but at least if you can find that time most days that is what is good.

This week I have things that I need to get done so it is going to be a busy week, but I also hope that I can find some time to sit and recharge my own personal batteries by picking up one of my craft projects and work on it for a little while.


No comments: