Monday, February 5, 2024

Making some good progress

Here it is the start of another week. It is hard to believe that we are already in February. Yes, January seemed to be a long month but now that it's over it's back to getting lots of things done. After a month of lots of clouds it was nice seeing the sunshine for a while this weekend.

Work is keeping me busy, so I haven't had as much time to work on my crafting but at least I have been able to move a couple of projects forward.

Star Touched Meadows - December - here is the cross stitch project that got the attention this last week. I decided it was time to see if I could at least get this piece moved forward so that was the focus.

It feels good seeing that I have been able to move this project forward and now to just get it finished. I am trying to finish sections of the piece so that I can get some more of the white stitches in instead of leaving all of them to the very end. Maybe this week I will try and put a bit of focus on adding more of the white stitches instead of just working on all of the colours.

I would like to get this section of the stitch along completed as I have received the February section so that means that I am currently two months behind. Early on in this project I figured I wouldn't be keeping up but that doesn't bother me because I know that I can work on these pieces when I have the time.

Beach Haven Shawl - here is the knitting that got all of the attention over the last week. I am very happy with the progress that I have made on this shawl.

The rows are getting a lot longer now, so it is taking me long to get reach row done. I now have 354 stitches on the needle and this week will probably have another big increase so will see how it goes. I do want to get this shawl completed soon so that is why I am trying to focus on this as much as possible.

Other projects - I haven't spent time working on other projects this last week. It has felt good being able to focus on just a couple of projects and seeing that I can move both forward.

This week I am not sure what will get my attention other than the Beach Haven Shawl as I would like to continue to move this project forward. The stitch along will probably get some attention and other than that I am not certain what I will pull out and work on.

I hope everyone has had a good week and you continue to find the time for yourself each day. It's important that we all take that bit of time where we can  recharge our own personal battery. This week I am not certain how much crafting time I will have but hope to be able to show you a bit of progress next week. Until then, have a good week and if you get some sunshine where you are making sure you enjoy a bit of time in it.


 

No comments: