Friday, March 1, 2024

English Paper Piecing - February Progress


It is hard to believe that another month and some and gone and now to look at what I have been able to accomplish in the last month. I have been able to continue to get some things done would make me feel a little better.

I have been able to work on a few projects this month and that makes me happy because at least I have been able to make progress on things.

Scarp Throw - I was able to continue to make more of the flowers for this project and just seeing that I can continue to move this project forward makes me feel a little better. I haven't been able to continue with the joining of the flowers to the overall throw but will see how things go in the next few weeks.

Table runner - this is another project
that I have tired to move forward and it is making me feel a little better.  It feels good to see that I am slowly getting closer to the end of this runner.

I do know that just sitting and focusing on this project would help as well because when I am bouncing between projectsI never feel like I am getting somewhere on it. What I am going to do with this project is figure out just how many more motifs that I have to add and then try and figure out just how to get them all attached before long.

What I would like to try and do is focus on this project for a little while and see how much of it I could get completed. I am not certain if that is going to happen or not but at least I can think about doing it and maybe it will happen.

Stir Fry Fabric - now to explain why this is called stir fry and not something else is because the fabric that I am working with is from three stir fry bins that I picked up at a quilting store. Basically, each bin contained pieces of fabric and you didn't know what you were getting until you had purchased the bin so that was a lot of fun. Quite a few of these colours aren't colours that I would normally purchase so instead of just putting these fabrics aside I ended I was going to challenge myself to work with all these fabrics and see what I can make with them.
 
I have started to cut the fabric into squares so that I can make some motifs and then see what size this project is going to be when I finish it. I haven't figured out how many squares I will get yet so that means I don't have a clue how bit this project is going to be, but I think it will be fun and it will be out of the normal colours for me.

Other projects - I haven't worked on any other projects this month but have been thinking about one project that I might be changing up how it will be made. I guess I will just have to do some more planning and maybe see if some of the other projects can get some attention as well. It does feel good just focusing on a couple of projects instead of trying to move all of them forward at once.

This coming month I hope that I can make some progress on a couple of the projects, and I will see what happens. If things go well, I may even have a bit more progress on things to show you at the end of March. Have a great month and if you are working on some English Paper Piecing, I hope that you can also get some progress on your projects this coming month.

No comments: