Monday, February 19, 2024

2 finishes and some good progress

Here it is the start of another week and for us the winter cold is back, and it might be here for a little while. I hope that it warms up a bit because I am getting tried of the cold weather. We did have snow this week but not much at all.

Hopefully we will start to warm up just a little bit so that we can enjoy going for walks outside. Right now, with the minus temperatures I don't feel like going out for a walk. I know that it is the middle of February so I shouldn't be expecting really warm weather.

Star Touched Meadows Stitch Along - December - here is the cross stitch project that I was giving my attention to. I have been working on this project for a while and was at the point that I wanted to see it finished.

After some good effort this week I am happy to say that I have got this section of the stitch along finished. The December block is now finished and that means it is almost time to get the January block out and see if I can get it started.

I now have two of the blocks completed and already have the pattern for the January and February so I better get moving on at least the January block and hopefully I will feel good about it.

Red Rose - here is a project that I don't have a starting picture for because I forgot to take one when I pulled it out this weekend. This is a project that I started quite a few years ago and figured it was time to pull it out and see how much I could get done. I worked on this for one day and am happy with how much of it I was able to get done. Now to see if I can get this project also finished up soon so it will be one of the many old projects finally completed.
Beach Haven Shawl - this is another project that this week got the attention that it needed. I had started to cast off the shawl before the beginning of the week, so it just meant spending some time working on getting the rest of the stitches off the needle. 

I am happy with how this shawl turned out and I had given myself to the middle of March to get it done and I was able to get it done by the middle of February so that made me feel really good. The only thing that is left to do is to block it a bit so that the edge lays nice and flat. Of course, after finishing the shawl it was time to figure out the next project that I was going to put on my knitting needles and it didn't take me long to do that.

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - here is a new project that I started this week as I had some  more of that yarn available and wanted to try it on a different shawl. This pattern is an easier pattern than Beach Haven as the pattern is only at the top of the shawl so that makes the initial section of knitting easy to do.

I am looking forward to working on this shawl and hopefully it will knit up quickly. Seeing that I have been able to get a bit of kitting done most days is good. What I try and do is spend 30 minutes a day working on my knitting, and it seems to help me make progress on the different things. 

Other projects - this week I didn't work on any of the other projects that I have on the go as I was trying to keep a focus on just a couple of projects.

This week I am going to be trying to make some progress on my new shawl and I am not certain which cross stitch project will get most of  the attention. I may try and focus on Red Rose for a little while longer, but I also want to start working on the January section of the Star Touched Meadows Stitch Along. I guess I will decide what gets the attention when I do to pick up my cross stitch this week.

I hope everyone has been able to find that bit of time where you can do something for yourself. It does make a difference because you then have the energy to be there for the ones around you.

This week I will see what I do and hopefully next week I will have some more progress to show you. Have a good week and take that time each day to recharge your own personal batteries.

No comments: