Monday, February 12, 2024

Some good progress this past week

Here it is the start of another week and yes, I have been able to make some progress on a few things this week. It makes me happy to see that I have been able to continue to work on a couple of my projects and move both of them forward.

The weather here was really nice for a couple of days but now it is getting cold out again so that means it is time to hide here at home and maybe continue to make some progress on my projects during the next week. This coming week is going to be busy, so that also means that I might not have as much time to hide and work on my projects, but I will see have to wait and see how things go.

Beach Haven Shawl - this is the project that seems to have got most of my attention this last week. I have been trying to move this forward, so that I can get it closer to finish. 

The good news is that by Sunday evening I have started to do the cast-off on the shawl so that means that I should be able to get this shawl done before the end of this coming week. I am so happy with the progress that I have been able to make on this shawl. I have been trying to move this shawl forward and this last week I ended up spending most of my free time working on getting the rows done that I needed to get done. 

I have now started the cast off edge on the shawl and given that there are 517 stitches on the needle it is going to take a bit of time to get all of them off, but I will continue to work on it a bit at a time until it is done. I wanted this shawl completed by the middle of March and I should be able to get it done by the middle of February, so that is one month before I said I wanted it done so yes, I have been really working on getting the rows done when I could. Hopefully, next week I will have picture of this shawl finished and all the ends sewn in.

Star Touched Meadows - December - this is the cross stitch focus and I must admit that this past week it didn't get as much attention as I would have liked. I have now at least got this piece to the 75% completed mark so will see how things go in the next couple of weeks. Maybe, now that the knitting is closer to a finish, I will be able to get back to focusing on getting this piece completed.

I was able to add some stitches to the piece this past week and now to see if I can continue to move it forward again. I would like to see if I can get this section of the project finished so that I can start the January piece.

This coming week I am going to try and spend a bit more time working on this cross stitch so that I can get it finished. Seeing it done would make me happy so maybe this is going to be my focus moving forward until it's done. 

Other projects - I haven't worked on many other things as I have been focusing on getting my shawl finished. I did work on my English Paper Piecing for a little while this week so that was nice but not much to show yet.

I hope everyone is finding that little bit of time to do something that you enjoy so that you can keep your own personal battery charged. I know for me being able to sit and work on a project even for half an hour makes me feel so much better. 

This week I hope to be able to get the shawl finished up and then see how much I can get done on my cross stitch. Hopefully next week I will have some more progress to show you.

 

No comments: