Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas, a start, a finish, and progress

I would like to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas.

This past week has been an interesting done for me as I had some time to do some crafting. Of course, there was still some work to be done but for me quite a bit of it must wait until this coming week and even just after the New Year. This week was a week where I could find some time to sit and craft and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on the different projects.

Dudester scarf - this project didn't get quite as much attention as I thought it would. I ended up not working on this piece each day as I originally thought that I would but at least it got moved forward.

This scarf is a lot of fun to work on and it is a pretty quick knit as well so that makes me a great project to work on when I want to see progress on something. I haven't decided how long I am going to be making this scarf, so I am just going to work on it until I either finish the ball of yarn or think it is long enough.

I have been thinking of making a toque out of this yarn as well so if I do that it will mean that some of the yarn will go to that project. Maybe, what I will do is knit the toque from the other end of the ball of yarn and then see what's left and use it for the scarf. I am enjoying working on this scarf as it is a nice pattern, and I am pretty sure that I will be using this pattern again for another scarf.

Star Touched Meadows - December - I have finally started the December section of this stitch along. This has only had a couple of days of work done on it as I didn't want to start it until the November section had been completed.

I am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on this section as I have only worked on it for a couple of days. This should be the project that I focus on over the next week, but I will just have to see what happens.

Star Touched Meadows - November - I have attached two pictures and you probably won't see a lot of difference between the two of them. Yes, I was able to get the remaining red stitches in on the piece and then it was time to finish stitching all the white in the project.

I don't think I will be leaving all the white to the end next time. I know that the white does make a difference when you see it in person but when you look at the piece on camera it doesn't look much different.

Once I have finished a couple more of these sections I am going to be finishing them into small items. Each of these designs' measures 4.25 x 4.25 inches so they aren't very big at all. Given that there are going to be twelve of these when I get them all stitched, I will be able to change them out each month on a board that we have just inside our front door.



Magic of Books - here is a full coverage piece that I decided needed a little bit of attention. I hadn't picked it up since September 2022 so figured I needed to at least get a bit of progress on it. 
I worked on filling in more of the black so that after this section is done, I can work on more of the colour. I am not certain if I will work on it any more this year but at least I was able to get a few more stitches in on it so that makes me happy.

Other projects - I finished up all the Christmas ornaments that I wanted to get done. The Holiday Cardinal was stitched three times, but it was a nice quick project.

I haven't worked on much of anything else this past week but as you can see, I was able to make some good progress on what I did touch.

Now it is time for me to once again wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope that you will find time in the next week to do something for yourself.




 

No comments: