Monday, December 4, 2023

Some slow progress

 Here it is the start of another week, and yes, another busy week for us. I know that this time of year can be busy for everyone, and it's been busy for us, and this coming week is another busy week.

I have been trying to make a little time each day to do something that I enjoy, and I have been able to make time most days. Between getting Christmas gifts organized and work it hasn't left a lot of time where I can sit and do my crafting.

Star Touched Meadows - November - here is the cross stitch project that has got some attention this past week. I am trying to make some more progress on the November section so that I don't feel too overwhelmed.

I am working on finishing up a colour at a time on this piece and it has helped quite a bit. Seeing that I have been able to get another couple of colours finished is nice. The other part of finishing a colour at a time is I am working on the entire design instead of in just one section.

The good news is I am now just over 45% finished on this section of the stitch along which makes me happy. Now the bad news is the December section has been released so that means that I need to really work hard if I want to try and at least sort of keep up on this project. I don't think I will be keeping up as there are other things that I would also like to stitch during this next year.

Ocean Breeze Shawl/Scarf - here is the knitting that I have been working on this past week. The pattern is actually for a shawl, but I decided to make it narrower. What I am doing is using up the yarn that was left after I made the Curling Mist Shawl.

This pattern is a simple pattern, and it does work up pretty quickly when I have the time to work on it. I hope that I can get this scarf finished before too long and then pick up another project that I want to work on.

Other projects - I haven't been able to work on any of the other projects that I wanted to try and do last week so I will see if I can get them done this coming week. I do have a couple of gifts that I would like to finish so that is something else that I am going to have to focus on in the next couple of weeks.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something for yourself. This time of year can be busy for everyone and making sure that you take that little bit of time for yourself each day is very important. We all need to ensure that we have the energy to be there for others but first we need to know that we have the energy to make sure we can take care of ourselves.

Hope everyone has a good week, and I will see what I can get done this coming week. Hopefully I will have some progress on something to show you next week.

No comments: