Monday, December 11, 2023

Progress, a start and a finish

 Here it is the start of another week, and hopefully this week will be a little slower and I will be able to get a few more things accomplished. Last week was another busy week, so I didn't have quite as much time to work on my crafting, but at least I was able to make some progress on things.

This week I hope to be able to make a bit more progress on things, but will just have to wait and see what the week has in store for me. I have a couple more things to get done before Christmas, so those should be the things that I try and focus on this week.

Star Touch Meadows SAL - November - here is the cross stitch project that got the attention this past week. I am loving how much I was able to get done and I only worked on over the weekend.

I am currently trying to finish up colours on the entire piece and that has helped a lot. Of course, you can't finish a colour when you have big open sections that you need to work in. The bottom of the piece has all but two colours completed, and then the top have still has 5 colours to be added. 

I am enjoying this piece, but I am looking forward to getting it done so that I can start on the December section. I know that I am behind on this stitch along, but that doesn't bother me. I also want to ensure working on other projects as well, so I will get these sections done as I can.

Hopefully I will be able to work on more of this piece this week and maybe get more of the colours finished up.

Ocean Breeze Shawl - here is the scarf that I was working on for the last couple of weeks. What I was doing was trying to finish up a ball of yarn that I have started.

This was a fun scarf to work on, and I am thinking that I may try and make more of these as scarves, but I will be making them just a little wider and also longer. The scarf that I ended up with was only around 24 inches, so not something that is going to be as useful as I had hoped. At least I finished up a ball of yarn, and now it's onto the next project.

Dudester scarf - this is the new knitting project that I have started. This scarf resulted in a start on Friday and then a restart on it on Sunday. I had started this scarf with the suggested number of stitches, but the scarf was just too wide. I am working on making some scarfs for children from 4 to 12 years old and this scarf that I originally started was almost 10 inches side, and it was felt way too wide.

I am a lot happier with this version of the scarf because it is around 7 inches wide, and it is nice and soft. I hope to be able to spend some time working on this scarf this week, and I will see how much of it I can get done.

Other projects - I have been trying to get other things worked on but with being busy things just haven't got the attention. Now that things are hopefully starting to slow down a little bit, I hope to be able to spend some time working on other projects as well.

I know a lot of us are busy this time of year with the holidays just around the corner. I am going to be trying to find some time to relax and enjoy my crafting, but first I have to get the work completed that is on my list. I am going to continue to try and spend some time each day taking time for myself so that I can recharge my personal batteries.

It is now time for me to get some of the work off my desk, so hope everyone has a good week, and you get your personal time. Hopefully, next week, I will have some progress to show on at least a couple of projects that I have been working on.

No comments: