Monday, December 18, 2023

Some good progress

Here it is the start of another week and yes, it looks like it is going to be a busy week for us. I know that this week is going to be a busy week for a lot of people. For some it's the last week of work for 2023 and for other's it's trying to get those last-minute projects finished.

For me it will be trying to get as much work done as I can before Christmas as well as finish up a couple of projects that are gifts. I know that I can get the gifts finished up as long as I focus on them for a little bit.

Star Touched Meadows - November - here is the project that I worked on this week and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on it.  I decided to try and focus on getting more of this piece done over the weekend because I am trying to get it finished within a reasonable time.

I am now working on the final two colours on this piece and hopefully I will be able to get all of them added before too long. Of course, the colour that has the most stitches left to go is the white, so I am trying to do some of that while I also put in one of the red colours. 

This week I hope that I am able to continue to work on this piece even if it is just a few stitches a day. Moving this forward and closer to a finish would be nice. Being able to see the entire piece coming to life makes me very happy and now that I have under 1,000-stitches left to do on this project it feels good. 

I know that I am already almost a month behind on this stitch along but that doesn't bother me because I will get the sections done when I can. Now to try and get this section done before the end of December.

Dudester scarf - I did get some good knitting progress this past week and that is because I have been trying to do the thirty minutes of knitting in on this scarf each day in the past week. I ended up knitting on the scarf 6 days in the past week and given we have been busy it feels great to see this much progress. The scarf if just over 28 inches long so there is still quite a bit of knitting left to go. I will see how much progress I can get done in the next week.

I hope that I can continue to get the 30 minutes of knitting in on the scarf this week because it makes me very happy to see the progress that I can get on the scarf in that time. We will see how long the scarf is by the end of this coming week.

Other projects - I am still trying to finish up a couple of Christmas gifts so I know that I need to focus on them this week as well. My English Paper piecing hasn't had any attention this month so far so that means it will need to get some attention soon otherwise there will be no progress at all.

I hope everyone is continuing to try and find that bit of time for ourselves each day no matter what you end up doing. Sometimes just sitting and doing nothing at all feels so good. This week is going to be a busy week for most people, so make sure you take those few minutes for yourself when you can find them.

Have a good week and I hope that by the time I write my next blog I will have some more progress to show you.

No comments: