Monday, January 1, 2024

Progress again

Here it is the start of another week and this time it is also a start of another year. Where did 2023 go? I know for me it has been a busy year and now to see what 2024 has in store for all of us.

This last week was so different than expected but at least I was able to find some time to craft and do the things that I enjoy doing. Sure, I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but at least I was able to move some projects forward which is what I needed to do. Now to see what I can get done in the next while as I would like to get more stuff done.

Star Touched Meadows - December - I was able to pick up and work on this piece for a while this week and made some more progress on it. It feels good seeing that I have been able to make some progress.

Of course, I am now a month behind again because the January section has been released, but that doesn't bother me because I am going to be stitching this at my pace. This time I would like to get some of the white stitched while working on the entire design instead of leaving it all to the end like I did for November. I think adding the white as I go would be good, so I am going to be starting that very soon.

This piece is a lot of fun to work on and you can see progress on it fairly quickly even when you don't stitch much on it at a time. I do know that this piece is going to be taking a bit of break as it is the new year and I have a new start ready to go.

I am going to continue to work on this a bit at a time as I would also like to see this month done and then see how I do with the rest of the months.

Toque - last week I decided to start working on a toque using the same ball of yarn that I was using for the scarf. This means that the scarf is being knit from the inside of the ball and the toque is being knit from the outside. It does make it a little harder to work on the toque but I have made some good progress on it so that is good. Now to see how quickly I can get this toque done.

Other projects - I have picked up my English paper piecing a little bit so you will see that when I write that blog. It has been a busy week overall so now to start the new year feeling good about what I have been able to accomplish in the last year. 

I hope everyone took a bit of time for themselves over this last week. It is now the start of a new year and let's hope that this year is good to everyone. Hope you have a good week and hopefully I will have some progress to show you next week.

 

No comments: