Thursday, June 1, 2023

English Paper Piecing - May progress

Here it is another month has gone by and it is now time to look at what I was able to get accomplished with regards to the motifs and throws during May. For me, May was a busy month so there wasn't a lot of time where I focused on getting motifs made or joined to a throw.

Large Motifs - the good news is I was able to get 8 more of the large motifs made and I am now getting closer to having a finish on at least getting all the motifs made. What I am going to do in June is look at the motifs that need to get made and see if I can get some more of them finished up.

I do need to get back to joining the large motifs together and if the weather cooperates, I might be able to get some of them added to the throw.

Small Motifs - now that I am sitting and looking at the pictures for May, I realized that I really didn't get much done.

I am continuing to work on getting more of the scrap motifs finished up so that I can then focus on joining them all together. This month I at least was able to get a few made and now to see if I can continue to make motifs in June. I do know that the small motifs are easy to work on so now I just need to get back to making them instead of looking at the bin and thinking I will do it another day.

Scrap throw - I was able to add a few more motifs to this project in May so it did get a bit of attention. It wasn't a lot of attention but at least I was able to add another 8 motifs to the overall project. Now what I need to do is try and add more motifs to this project as well as I know that I have a long way to go before this project is going to be large enough.

The bag of scrap motifs is rather large now so that means that I need to focus on getting more of the motifs joined together. For the scrap throw I have determined the size of the final project and it is going to be just over 1,000 motifs and currently there is less than 100 motifs on the throw.

English Paper Piecing - it is amazing when I write this blog entry each month and I can see what I have or haven't done in the last month. This last month was one of those months that I didn't see a lot of motifs made or joined to a project. What I need to do now is to try and focus on moving these projects forward again because the only way I can work on the new projects is to get these projects done.

The one project that hasn't seen any attention so far this year is the first throw that I was able to get joined together. I started working on getting it quilted but now it's been sitting. Hopefully over the next couple of months I can pick it up and get this project closer to a finish.

If you are making motifs or joining motifs together, I hope that you are seeing progress. Next month I hope to have a bit more progress on these projects, but time and weather will determine what I get done.  Have a good month, and I will see you at the beginning of July.




 

No comments: