Monday, June 19, 2023

A new start and some progress

Here it is the start of another week and of course things have been busy so that means that I haven't had quite as much time to sit and craft. I am trying my best to find bits of time to at least do a little bit of something each day.

Winter is Coming - here is a project that I started this week and am loving how it is turning out. It is going to be a relatively quick to stitch up if I can continue to focus on it.

I have got to the other side of the piece already and I think I have about another 9 or 10 rows of stitching to do to get to the top of the pattern. It is a lot of run and I have been enjoying how quickly it works up. There are four in the series so I would like to see if I can get them all stitched up so that I can change them up on a board that we have near our front door.

Diagonal Garter Shawl - this piece got a bit of attention this week especially when I decided it was time to try and do the 30 minutes of knitting each day again. The good part of this shawl is I have finished the first ball of yarn and now I am working on getting the second ball of yarn done. I think I should be close to having the entire length of the shawl done by the time I finish the second ball of yarn and then there is just the decrease that I will have to do.

This project is a great one to pick up and work on when I am watching a webinar or when I just need those few minutes of recharge between doing some of the other projects that need my attention throughout the day.

I am not sure how quickly I will get this project done because it will depend on how much of it I can do now that the weather is warming up here. I may try and work on it sitting on our balcony because I think that might help me get it done a little faster.

Other projects - I have been trying to work on my English Paper piecing as well this past week and have made a bit of progress on it as well. 

With the weather warming up here and it is getting hot in the apartment I am not sure how much crafting I will be able to get done but I will continue to try and move things forward. I am going to need to figure out which projects will be the ones that also get worked on while sitting on the balcony.

I hope everyone is having a good week and you find that bit of time to do something that you enjoy each day. Next week, I hope to have some more progress to show you on things but that will just depend on how much time I have as this week looks like it is going to be a very busy week. 


 

No comments: