Monday, June 5, 2023

A finish and some progress

Here it is another week has flown by and it's time to show what I was able to work on over the last week. This last week was a busy week for me so there wasn't a lot of time to work on my crafts but at least I was able to find some time and get a few things moved forward.

This coming week I hope to be able to spend a bit of time working on a project or two and see what that goes. It would be nice to see some progress on things, but I will have to see how things go.

Elizabeth Garrod - this project got the cross stitch attention and it didn't take me very long to be able to say that I got it done. Yes, there is another finish for me, and it makes me very happy. I love how this piece turned out and I was able to get it finished within a month.

I started this piece on May 4th and finished it on June 2nd. I haven't decided what I am going to work on next. There are a few projects that I want to see if I can get moved forward so maybe one of them will make an appearance this week.

Diagonal Garter Shawl - on Saturday I decided it was time to pull this project out again and try and make a bit of progress on it. I haven't picked this up since April so figured maybe it was time to see what I could get done on the piece.

This project is very easy to do as it is just garter stitch so it means that when you pick it up it can go quickly. On Saturday when I picked it up, I was still doing the increases for the first section of the shawl, and I wanted to see if I could get that done so that I would be on the main part of the shawl which is the easiest part of work on.

I am happy to say that after I worked on the shawl for a while on Saturday, I was able to get the rest of the increase rows done and am now working on the main section of the shawl. Now what I need to do is knit the main section until the longest edge is 60 inches so that is going to take some time.

This project is going to get a bit more attention now as it is something that is easy to work on and I can do this either while watching webinars for work or while sitting on the balcony when the weather is warm.

Baby sets - the baby sets did get some attention this week and one of the things that I did was finish sewing the mittens together and adding the ties to them all.

I now have four sets completed and another two sets on the go. The grey set hopefully will be finished soon as I just need to finish off the hat and then it's done.  Of course, I still have lots of sports weight yarn so I am trying to figure out some of the other projects that I would like to work on using it so that I can continue to make things as well as use up some of the yarn that I have around.

Other projects - I have been working on my English Paper Piecing which made me feel good and I did make some good progress on it this weekend. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have some really good progress to show you on those projects.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something for yourself. It doesn't have to be a long time but making sure that you can recharge your personal batteries is very important.

This week I have a few things that I need to get done and then I will be working on spending some time trying to see a bit of progress on at least a couple of my craft projects. Until next week have a great week and I will see what I can get done and show you next Monday.







 

No comments: