Monday, May 8, 2023

A finish, a start and some knitting

Here it is the start of another week and yes, a start of another busy week for us. I know that I should have some time to work on my crafts a bit each day but not as much as I have been doing in the last little while.

I am happy that I have been able to find a bit of time each day to get something moved forward even if I haven't bee able to see a lot of progress on things. Hopefully once things slow down a little, I will get back into a routine and I will start to see more progress on the various projects again.

Florence Law - here is the piece that has been my focus. I was loving working on it and I made sure that I was able to find the time where I could just sit and work on it.

My goal was to get this piece finished and early this past week I was able to put the last stitches in on her. It was a lot of fun working on this piece and of course, I am enjoying working on the various red samplers.

I still have quite a few red samplers to work on but after finishing this piece I decided to work on a different colour sampler so of course there was a new start.

Elizabeth Garrod - this piece has been one that I have wanted to start for the last couple of months but I wanted until I had Florence Law completed before I put the first stitches in on this piece.

This piece so far is stitching up relatively quickly, so I hope to have it finished before too long. This sampler is being done in a dark green, so it is a little different than I have done before but I am enjoying working on the piece. We will see how long it takes me to get this piece finished as there are a less stitches in it than Florence Law. Only time will tell how quickly it works up and a lot of that is also how much time I have available to work on this piece.

Baby sets - this past week I decided that I needed a bit of a change in my knitting. I have been working on a lot of large projects and I wanted to work on something a little smaller. This week I have been knitting some baby hats and mitten sets and I have been enjoying doing that. This is all I got done this past week and I still need to put the ties in the mittens. 

These are items that don't take me too long to complete so it is nice to have something that works up quickly and I can see them done. Hopefully I will be able to get the ties done for the mittens this week and then the hat for the green set. 

Other projects - I haven't been working on a lot of other things and part of that is because I haven't had a lot of time to focus on things. I have enjoyed being able to pickup the projects that I have been doing as it makes me happy to see some progress on something.

I hope everyone is continuing to find that little bit of time each day to recharge your own personal battery. It might only be 10 or 15 minutes but at least that bit of time helps you focus and have the energy to help those around you.

Have a good week and I hope to have a bit of progress on something this coming week. It might not be a lot of progress, but I will just have to wait and see.





 

No comments: