Monday, May 27, 2024

A finish and not much else

 Here it is the start of another week and hopefully a week where I will be able to spend some time working on things and not getting as distracted as I have in the last week.

Work has been busy, and I think this week might be similar so I will just have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully I will be able to find some time to do some crafting.

324 - here is the project that got my focus this week as I was working towards a finish. 324 has been a lot of fun to work on and now what I am going to finish because this week. I focused on my cross stitch and by the end of the week, I was able to say that this project is now finished. I love how the piece turned out and it was a lot of fun to work on it and see all the different colours start to come together. 

So, yes there are 324 different colours of floss in this piece, and it measures around 11 inches square as I stitched it on 18 count aida. It feels great seeing this piece finished but not I need to figure out what I am going to work on next. I do have lots of progress that I need to finish up so maybe one of those will come out and get some attention this coming week.

What was also nice about this piece was my sister was also stitching it and she also finished this weekend.  I don't know what she is going to work on next, but I will be pulling out a project that I already have on the go.

Other projects - given that I focused on getting 324 finished I didn't make a lot of progress on anything else. I did pick up my knitting for a few minutes and added a couple of rows to the Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl that I have on the other, but no real progress was made.

Hopefully now that I am not focusing on trying to get 324 completed, I will be able to find some time to work on some of the other projects that I would like to make progress on. The list of projects is rather long, so that means that I need to get back to making progress on things and will see how that goes.

This week I will try and make some progress on at least a couple of things, but I will just have to wait and see what happens. Hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to take time to recharge your own personal pattern. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you take that bit of time to yourself. This weekend instead of crafting to recharge my battery, I took my coffee outside and sat and listened to nature. It was a nice change and hopefully something I can do again soon.

Have a great week and hopefully I will have some progress to show you next week on some projects. 




No comments: