Wednesday, May 1, 2024

English Paper Piecing - April Progress

Here it is the start of another month, and I can say that I haven't got a lot of progress on my English Paper Piecing. If you have read any of my other blogs through April, you will know that I have been doing a lot of cross stitch and knitting. When I focus on those projects something else has to give and this month it was my English Paper Piecing.

Throw - I was able to spend a little bit of time working on making a few more motifs for the throw that I am making for myself using the fabric from shirts from popsy. It is nice to be able to spend a bit of time working on this project and hopefully I will be able to spend a bit more time working on this project in the coming month.

Ideas - I do have a lot of ideas as to how I want to move these projects forward, but it means being able to sit and focus on my English Paper Piecing a little bit more. I know that once I can sit outside, I will probably get more motifs made as they are easy to work on when sitting on the balcony.

My table runner needs to get some attention as well because being able to move it forward and get it all joined so that I can start the quilting would also be a good idea so hopefully that will see some attention soon. There are so many projects that I would like to do and now what I need to do is just figure out how to spend a bit more time each month working on these items. 

If you are working on some English Paper Piecing, I hope you are making more progress than I am, but even if you are like me and just getting those few things done each month it is better than not working on it at all. I have found that even spending an evening or two a month making motifs does help me feel like I am making some progress even if it is slow.

Let's hope that May is a better month for me being able to spend some time working on some of my EPP projects. I will try and spend a bit more time working on my EPP and at the end of this month I hope to have more progress on at least one project to show you.


 

No comments: