Monday, May 20, 2024

A finish, a start, and some progress

Here it is the start of another week and yes it has been another busy day for me so I haven't been able to get as much done as I would have liked. This coming week I hope that I can make some more progress on the various projects that I have on the go.

324- here is the cross stitch project that is getting all of the attention and I am looking forward to seeing when I get it finished.  It would be nice to have it done so I can get back to other projects, but I am also enjoying working on this piece.

This last week I decided to try and work on getting more of the diagonal rows done, so that I could start to see that I am getting closer to having it finished. Of course, I ended up working on a bunch of the different diagonals so instead of moving across the pattern I have been bouncing all over. Hopefully before long I will get more of the diagonals finished and I will also see that this project is finished.

12 Bird Mystery Knit Along - this past week I was able to finally cast of the 12 Bird Mystery Knit Along and I am so happy with how it turned out. The cast off did take a bit of time because there were almost 300 stitches on the needle, and you had to do the stretchy cast off which takes more time than some of the other cast offs that I normally do.

I have done some blocks of the shawl already but I need to do a bit more so that it lays nice and flat. I enjoyed working on this project as it was something that I hadn't done before. I had never participated in a knit along, so this was fun. I know that I got behind on the knit along but at least I got the shawl finished and that is what is important.

It felt so good being able to get back to knitting some of the different projects that I have wanted to try. If you are like me, you know that once you finish one project it is time to figure out what you are going to be working on next. I have a list of different patterns that I want to work on so that means deciding on the pattern and then figuring out the yarn for the next project.

Lamina Wrap - here is the new start that I did, and I have been loving this project. I haven't had a lot of time to work on the wrap this week but at least I have made a start on the wrap. This coming week I hope that I can find some more time to continue to work on this as I need to complete 25 of the teal sections before the wrap is done so I still have lots of knitting ahead of me.

I still have a rather long list of patterns that I want to knit and of course, I have lots of yarn so now to work through what is going to be the pattern I work on after this one or at least do I have the yarn for the next pattern.

Other projects - I am still trying to get all my floss organized and that is taking some time and part of that is because I haven't focused on it. It has been a little hard to focus on given I keep pulling out the threads that I need for 324 so I have a pile of those threads that I need to put back into the main stock.

This coming week I am going to try and continue to move projects forward as it would be nice to see that I have been able to get more things done. I might try and do a bit more EPP as well this coming week but will have to wait and see what happens.

I hope everyone is continuing to find that bit of time each day for yourself because it is important. We need to ensure that we have our own personal batteries recharged so that we can help those around us. If things go well, I hope to have some more progress to show you next week but until then take care of yourself and remember to do the things that you enjoy doing.



No comments: