Monday, October 31, 2022

A different focus this week

Here it is the start of another week, and it looks like it is going to be a busy week for me. Not sure what I will be getting done, but hope to see a bit of progress on something before the end of the week.

This past week I decided to change up projects that I was working on as I figured I need a bit of a change. It felt great being able to focus on other things and put the cross stitch down for a week. I haven't picked up my cross stitch for just over a week now, and I have to admit that it was a nice change.

Simple Triangle Shawl - this is one project that I tried to pick up some of the days to see if I could at least make a bit of progress on it. Over the weekend I decided to try and work on it an hour a day, so from Friday through Sunday I did that, and it meant that I was able to see some excellent progress on it.

I started the week with 49 stitches on the needle and ended the week with 122 stitches, and it felt good seeing that progress. I am now going to see how much of this shawl that I can get done this week, as it would be nice to see more of it finished. I haven't really even looked at the ball of yarn yet, so should try and do that soon so that I know roughly how much more yarn I have for this shawl. I love working on this project as it is something that I can quickly pick up and work on without stressing about what row I am currently on.

English paper piecing - now here is where a lot of my attention went this past week. I decided to try and work on getting some motifs finished up for a couple of projects. I worked on motifs for three projects and by the end of the week I had completed almost 170 motifs, which is good. A lot of the motifs are for a scrap throw that I want to make. 

The picture if only the motifs that I made this week, and I have lots of the larger motifs finished for one project and the smaller motifs are only part of what I will be using for the scrap throw that I will be working on.

I decided to try and spend a week just working on motifs and then on Saturday it was time to start to try and join some of the motifs for the scrap throw. Of course, I didn't spend a lot of time working on this project over the weekend, but at least I have been able to get some motifs joined and will see how it progresses before long. I have a bunch of motifs already finished, so that means that I should be able to continue to join them together without running out of motifs for a while. I will probably continue to work on making more motifs, as it would be nice to have a bunch more ready to be attached before too long. I haven't figured out the exact size of this throw yet, but I do know that I probably will end up with more motifs than I need for it. This throw is a lot of fun because I am not worrying about where a motif ends up.

Other projects - well, this week I can honestly say that I didn't work on any other projects. I was either knitting or working on English paper piecing, and it felt good. I am not sure what this coming week has in store, but I know that I will try and work on something most days. I have found that even spending a few minutes each day doing something that I love helps me recharge my personal batteries.

I hope everyone has a good week, and you can find that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing. I would like to see some progress on a project or two this coming week, so that means that I will need to find those bits of time. Have a good week, and hopefully I will have some progress on something to show you next week.




No comments: