Monday, October 24, 2022

Some progress, a finish and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and yes a week when I am not sure how much crafting that I will be able to get done. I am happy with what I was able to accomplish last week because I have been able to see some projects moved forward. 

Life is starting to get busier so there are times when I only have those few minutes at the end of the day to do something for me.

Mini the Forgotten - here is the piece that I worked on both Friday and Saturday and am happy with the progress that I was able to make on it. I am working on completing all the black on the project before I do much of the other colours. I was able to spend quite a bit of time Saturday working on it, and that helped me see some good progress.

I would like to see if I can spend a bit of time on this project this week, as it would be nice to see it moved forward again. 

New Doors - I decided to pick this project up a couple of days this week to see if I could at least get some of the keys completed. This is a fun project as a lot of the keys are rather small, so they do work up quickly so that you can see some results on it.

The various colours of the keys aren't showing up as well in the picture, but at least you can see that some of them have a variegated thread in them. I still have a long way to go on this piece as I need to get all the border completed as well as finish adding some more locks and some quite a few more keys into this design. 

I would like to see if I can get even a couple more keys completed this week, as it makes me happy when I can see this project move forward even a little bit each week. I am not sure how much time I will be able to give this project, but I am going to try and at least get a key or two added, and then will see what else I can achieve.



Simple Triangle Shawl - here is a new version of the shawl that I was knitting. It is using a ball of "Shawl in a Ball" and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. It is a quick knit, especially when you are just starting it. I will try and spend some time working on this project this week, as I would like to see how quickly I can get this one finished.

Simple Triangle Shawl - here is the project that I was working on last week and after a couple of days I was finally able to cast this off the needles.

I am happy to say that this project just needs the ends sewn in, and it will be another finish for this year. I loved working on this shawl and yes, have already started another one. Finding a project that you can work on quickly and without having to figure out what row you are on is nice sometimes. 

Other projects - I am slowly starting to work on some other projects, and my English paper piecing is starting to get some attention again. I haven't been able to get much done over the last week, so nothing to show, but maybe after this week there will be progress.

I continue to try and find that little bit of time each day to do something for me, as I am finding it does help me recharge my personal batteries and makes it a lot easier to do other things.

I hope everyone else is finding that bit of time each day to do something that you love doing. It doesn't matter what it is, but just simply spending that bit of time doing something for you is very important. A lot of us have a lot of demands on our time, and ensuring we take those breaks is important.

Have a good week and I hope to have some progress to show you next week. If things so well, there may be some progress at leas on a couple of things.







No comments: