Monday, October 3, 2022

Made some progress this week

Here it is the start of another week and a week that is going to be very busy. In Toronto there is a big IT security conference (SecTor) and I am the person that is in charge of some of the community booths. It is going to be a very busy couple of days there, so not sure how much stitching I will be getting done.

New Doors - here is another piece that I decided that I wanted to make sure that I could get to at least 20% complete before the end of the year. I hadn't worked on this project since April, so I knew I had some work ahead of me to achieve that goal.

This past week this has been my focus, and I am happy to say that I did reach the 20% goal that I wanted to reach. I am thinking that it is going to be getting some more attention before too long. It is a nice piece to work on, and I would like to see how much of it I can get done.

It was nice to be working on only two of the colours because it means that I could see progress on a lot of the design. The words didn't take too long to complete, and then it was working on the border and two of the larger motifs. This week I may be working on this again when I have a bit of time, but will have to see how things go.

Simple Triangle Shawl - this is the other project that got some attention this week. It is nice having a project that you can just pick up and knit and not think about what row you are on.

I am not sure how much more of this ball of yarn that I have, but it is making me happy just seeing that I have been able to make some progress on it. Yes, the rows are getting longer, but it is enjoyable to work on. I am going to be trying to make sure that this week I can at least get a row or two done each day of the conference, as it does help me feel good about things.

Other projects - I haven't had a lot of time to work on other projects, so most things are where there were a week ago. Now to see what I can get even this week on them. I know that I would love to see more progress on things, but I don't think it will happen this week.

I hope everyone is continuing to find that bit of time each day to take time for yourself. It doesn't matter how long you have, it's just important to spend that time doing something that makes you happy. This past week, the triangle shawl was the piece that I would pick up and used to help me recharge my person battery.

This week is going to be a busy one for me, but hopefully next week I will have some progress on something to show you. Have a good week and remember to find that time each day to recharge your personal battery.


No comments: