Monday, November 7, 2022

Some slow progress this week

Here it is the start of another week, and I can honestly say that I am not sure where the last week went. 
 
It is hard to believe that another week has come and gone because with everything else that was going on I haven't been able to spend much time working on things. I did find some time most days to at least find a few minutes to do something that I love doing.

New Doors - this project at least got a little bit of attention, which meant that I was able to work on getting another key done as well as work on the border and another one of the locks. I hope that before too long I can start to see more progress on this, as it would be nice to see it getting closer to a finish.

I would like to try and continue to work on this piece a bit each week because then I would be able to see the progress that I want to see on it. I might not get a lot of stitching done but at least moving it forward would be nice and maybe now what I am going to try and do is see if I can get at least one of the colours of keys finished before too long.

Mini the Forgotten - here is a piece that I am trying to work on getting more of the black finished. I would also like to see if I can get the outline done on the rest of the black so that I can reach the top of the design. I have already been able to touch the bottom and both sides, so now it is just a matter of working on the black to reach the top.

I am so happy with the progress that I have been able to make on this piece because I think I am now going to move the fabric on the q-snap so that I can continue to work on the outline of the rest of the black sections. 

I would like to be able to get to the top of the pattern before too long, as well as get the rest of the black finished. I can see that I am getting closer to the top, but there is still quite a bit of black that needs to get stitched. I think I still have around 3,500 stitches of black, but it is between the top of her dress on the top of the pattern, so will see how things go over the next couple of weeks.

Simple Triangle Shawl - I am continuing to work on this project as it is making me feel so good to see the progress on it.  I have been trying to work on it a bit each day because as the rows at getting longer it means that it is taking longer to see progress on it. I would like to see how much of it I can get done this coming week because the ball of yarn is now starting to look like that is less to use. I am not sure how many more stitches I will be increasing on this before it's time to cast off, but at least just seeing it moved forward it is making me feel wonderful.

After I finish this shawl, I am not sure what I will be working on but I am starting to think that I need to figure out my next project. I don't think I will be finishing the shawl in the next week, but having the next project figured out might be a good idea.

I am happy that I have been able to continue to knit a bit most days, so will see what this week is like, as it would be nice to get more of this shawl completed.

English paper piecing - this last week I wasn't able to spend a lot of time working on my motifs or attaching them to the scrap throw, but at least I made a bit of progress.

I would like to see if I can continue to make the motifs because having a bunch of them ready to join makes it so much easier. I do know that I still have lots of motifs to make and join together, but this project is currently fun to work on and also very relaxing. I have found that when I have those few minutes at the end of the day I am picking up this project as it is easy to do, and it doesn't take a large time commitment. I am finding that even either making a motif or two or joining them is a nice thing to do, and it helps me refocus my mind and get me ready for the next day.

Other projects - I haven't been working on any other projects this week, and I think part of that is because we were busy with other commitments of our time. I am not sure what this coming week is going to be like, but I do know that it does look a little busy again.

I hope everyone finds that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing. It doesn't matter what it is but making sure that you can find that time to do something for yourself is very important. If things go well this coming week, I should have something to show you, but only time will tell. My pile of things that I would like to work on continues to grow, but I do know that just taking those few minutes at the end of my day is very important, as it helps me recharge my personal batteries so that I am there for everyone else.

Have a good week and I hope to have something to show you next Monday.



No comments: