Monday, October 10, 2022

At least some progress

Here it is the start of another week and yes a week when I would like to see if I can make a bit more progress on a few things. It is Thanksgiving Day for us here in Canada, so that means a day when maybe I can spend a bit longer crafting and not having to worry about everything else that is on my calendar for this week.

This past week was busy with a conference, so there wasn't much time to sit and do anything, but at least this weekend I have been able to get some time to stitch and see some progress on a couple of things.

New Doors - this is the cross stitch project that I have been focusing on, as I would like to get more of it done. This started as a project that I wanted to reach 20% on, and now I am continuing to work on it as I have been enjoying it.

I have only been working on one colour on this project this week, but have been happy with the progress that I have made on it. There are still lots of black stitches that need to be added, so that is going to be what I work on, as that will give me a good base for the rest of the pattern.

I am not sure if this is going to be the project that gets the attention this week, but I know that it won't be going very far, as I am looking forward to having this piece finished. I would like to get the border at least finished in the black so that means I need to work on that, but I also need to finish off that one motif, so I will see how things go this week.

Simple Triangle Shawl - yes, this project continued to get a bit of attention, and I am very happy with how much I was able to get done this week. This project is a great one to pick up and work on when I have just a few minutes at the end of the day.

I keep joking around about this ball of yarn, as it doesn't seem to be getting smaller very quickly. I know that at one point it will just disappear, but it has been fun working on this shawl, and I am thinking that I might be trying to make another one of these shawls but with a solid yarn after I finish this one. 

I know that I have some other knitting projects on the go and I will need to work on getting some of them moved forward as well. Now that things are getting back into a routine I am going to be trying to move a bunch of things forward.

Other projects - As you can probably guess this past week, there wasn't a lot of time to work on things, so now to see how this coming week goes. I do have quite a bit of work that I need to get done, so that is what I will focus on first, and then I will see what I can move forward with regard to some of my projects.

I hope you continue to find that time each day to do something for yourself, as I do know that it has helped me recharge my person batteries. Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have some progress on some things that I will be able to show you.




No comments: