Monday, March 7, 2022

Two finishes

It's hard to believe that another week is over, and things are starting to look a little better here in Toronto. I know that it is still a way away before things are at a normal level, but at least now I am starting to feel a little better about things.

The weather is our normal crazy March weather, as yesterday we had a high of 16C here in Toronto, and now it is back to the normal temperatures of around 1C. At least the warm day yesterday melted quite a bit of the snow, so that is nice. 

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - this has been my focus piece for the last week as I wanted to get it finished. I wasn't sure when I started the week if I could be able to get all the rows done that remained, but then I figured it was going to be my goal for the week.

With a bit of hard work over the weekend, I was able to get all the lace section completed and then the job of casting off all the stitches. The casting off didn't take as long as I thought it was going to take, and now the shawl is finished. I am very happy with how it turned out, and now I just need to block it a little, and it will be ready to wear.

This shawl was pretty easy to work on as until you got to the lace section it was just garter stitch with increases. The lace section was a little more focused work, but again something that I could get done without too much of a problem.

Now that this project is off the needles, it is time to figure out which project is going to take its place. I think I know what it is going to be, but I will wait until later today or tomorrow to make that final decision.

I Love To Stitch In Blue - this is another one of those small cross stitch projects that I have been working on. I wanted to have some small projects to focus on for a bit, just to change things up a bit for myself.

I started this project last Sunday and then didn't work on it at all during the week, so figured I should try and move it forward again. I picked it up on Saturday to work on it, and I got it finished. It was a fun piece to stitch and again something small. This pattern was from The Gift of Stitching, Issue 3, April 2006.

Other projects - I didn't work on any of the other projects that I have on the go this week, as I was focused on getting the shawl done. I will see what this week has in store, as once again I have things that I want and need to get done. 

I hope everyone has a good week, and you continue to find those bits of time each day to take time for yourself. I realized this week how important it is to make sure that even those few minutes can make a difference on your energy level and how you handle everything.

Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have some progress on something to show you. Now I just need to figure out what the focus is going to be for this week.

 

No comments: