Monday, March 14, 2022

A week of starts

It is hard to believe that another week has come to an end, but at least I have some progress to show this week. The week started out with me figuring out the knitting project that I wanted to start, and it ended up with me also having two cross stitch starts as well. This has been a week when I decided that I wanted to start some things and maybe see how much I can get done over the next little while.

A Year in Flowers - January -- here is the first cross stitch project that I worked on and am happy with the progress that I have made. This is by Tempting Tangles, and it was originally a year-long SAL, but now it has been released as one pattern and I decided that I wanted to stitch it. The pattern shows it either stitched as a book or as a sampler, but I will be stitching each one separately so that I have put them one during the month and changing them up. I am trying to get a bunch of monthly smalls completed so that I can have them hung up and change them up each month.

This one is stitching up very quickly, and it makes me happy to see that I have been able to get this much progress on it already, and I only started this piece on Friday. It is always nice when you can see some quick progress on a piece, and hopefully it will be finished before too long.

Mini Bouquet Sampler - January - here is another project that I decided that I wanted to stitch, so I pulled out the floss that was needed for this project. Between both this project and A Year in Flowers, I didn't have all the floss, so it meant a quick trip to Michael's so that I could get the floss so that I could work on both of these projects.

I was able to get this much of the piece done before going to Michael's on Saturday, so now will see how quickly I can get this piece done as well. This is another sampler that was designed to be stitched either all together or as pincushions. I will be making them small pieces that I can hang up on our magnetic board and display them each month.

Beach Haven Shawl - after finished the shawl last week, I knew it was time to start another project, so here is the progress that I was able to get done this week on Beach Haven Shawl. I am loving how this shawl is knitting up, and I am using a rayon yarn made from bamboo called Truboo which I picked up at Michael's. I have already completed the first colour of this pattern and there are four sections, so will see how quickly I can gt the shawl knit up. I do have a goal of when I want it finished, so will see if I can get it done by then.

This shawl starts out with three stitches and by the time I finish the four sections I will have over 540 stitches on the needle. It does work up pretty quickly as I am already at 200 stitches on the needle and that is just around 80 rows complete out of the 154 rows. 

Other projects - I haven't been able to get much done on any of the other projects, but at least I can see that I made some progress on things this week.

I hope everyone continues to find those few minutes each day to take time for yourself and do something that you love doing. It doesn't matter if it is reading, watching TV, crafting or just relaxing, it is taking some time to recharge your own personal batteries, and it does help so much. Each of us needs to ensure that we take care of ourselves so that we have the energy to take care of others.

Hope everyone has a good week and if things go well I will have some progress to show you next week.


 

No comments: