Monday, February 28, 2022

Progress, a finish and a start

Here it is the start of another week, and of course that means time to look and see what I have been able to accomplish in the last week. The weather here is still pretty wintry, so that means that there is time to sit and work on the crafts. 

We are still getting work done remotely, and it is nice when we can work during the day and get everything done and then have a bit of time to do something else.

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - here is the project that has got a lot of my attention this week. I wanted to get all the garter stitch increases done, so that was my focus this week. The stitch marker on the second picture is where I was last Monday morning. I wanted to see if I could at least get those rows done and maybe just start the lace section.

Now the lace section is very hard to see right now as it is all bunched up on the needle. I am just trying to avoid having to change to a circular needle to finish this project. I think I have about 50 rows to go, so that means that I am going to have lots of stitches on this needle, as I am still continuing to increase.

I am really enjoying working on this shawl, and I am looking forward to seeing the lace section once it is all done. I would like to have this shawl finished within the net couple of weeks, but time will tell. I am not sure what is on my agenda for this week, so will see how much knitting I am able to accomplish.

Treasures in the Attic - here is a small project that I decided to work on this week. I wanted something that I could pick up and see some good progress on, so I looked through a bunch of my patterns and found this one and of course I had to start it and by yesterday I was able to say that I had also finished it.

This pattern didn't give you a colour to stitch it in so of course after stitching with red I decided it was going to be red and off I went. It is a small design and love how it turned out. This pattern is from the Gift of Stitching, May 2007.

I Love To Stitch in Blue - after finished Treasures in the Attic, I decided it was time to see if I could make some progress on another small design, so I picked up this one. This is also going to be another small, so hopefully it doesn't take me long to get it stitched. 

I have all the Gift of Stitching magazines, so I will be trying to work through some small designs in those books. They are a lot of fun to work on, and it will mean that I will have a bunch of little things that I can put on the magnetic boards that we have hung up here at home. This project is from the April 2006 magazine.

Other projects - this past week I didn't get a lot of other projects worked on as I have been trying to get a little more organized, so I have been focusing on that. This week I am not sure what I will be working on other than the shawl. 

I hope everyone has a good week, and you remember to take a bit of time each day to do something for yourself. Have a good week and I will hopefully be back next week with some more progress.
 



No comments: