Monday, March 21, 2022

Progress and a finish

Here it is the start of another week and now to see what I have been able to get done.  I know that this week has been a little crazy, but at least I have been able to make some progress on a few projects, and that makes me feel good.

Here in Ontario, a lot of the mask restrictions are starting to ease, and now it is our choice if we wear a mask or not when out and about in most places. In medical, long-term care facilities and on public transit, masks are still required.

A Year in Flowers - January - this has been a lot of fun to work on, and it has been something that I wanted to see if I could get it finished before the end of this week.

After not working on it for a while, I decided to sit and focus on it and see if I could get it done, and on Saturday I was able to get the January piece finished. I am loving how it turned out, and I am looking forward to working on the other 11 months and getting them done so that I will have all of them ready to hang up on our magnetic board before too long.

I hope that I can continue to move this project forward quickly, as these don't take too long to finish, and it feels great seeing that I was able to get it done without too much of an issue. This week I hope to start the February piece, but will see how things go.

Mini Bouquet Sampler - this piece didn't get a lot of attention this week, and part of that is because I was working on getting the other January piece done.

This week I have started to work on the stems and then also on the pineapples that are a key part of this piece. I hope that I will be able to get more of this piece done, as I would like to see that I have both of the January projects done before the end of March.

I am not sure how much stitching time I will have this week, but I hope that I can continue to move this project forward and maybe even see that I have enough time to get it done. I know that I am loving how this is starting to turn out, and also I know that just sitting and focusing on this piece will help me get more of it done.

I know that the next two months have already been released, so I need to move forward on January so that I can start to get caught up on this overall project.

Pandemic - here is a piece that hasn't got a lot of attention so far this year, but I am very happy with the progress that I was able to make over the weekend on it.

I hadn't touched this piece since January, and all of a sudden, I wanted to pick it up and see how much of it I could get done. Part of me was concerned that there was going to be a problem with the fabric, so over the weekend I worked up the border to ensure that I have enough fabric to complete the entire project. What I did was work the outside border all the way to the top of the project to ensure that there was enough fabric available for the project.

I am happy to say that after stitching all the border, I have found that I have quite a bit of fabric at the top, so that means that everything is going to be ok with this project. After stitching up the border, I decided to focus on one area of the piece and also have made some good  progress on it. I think started working again on the lower section so that I can start to move it up.

Beach Haven Shawl - this week I continued to work on this project and as the rows are getting longer it means that it takes longer to complete each row. It is nice to see that I have at least been able to make some progress on it this week, and now to see what this coming week is like. I hope to be able to continue to add some more rows to this piece, and maybe if things go extremely well I might be able to change colours again.

Other projects - I haven't had a lot of time to work on other things and this week looks about the same, so will see what I get done. Weekends seem to be the time when I can sit and work on a project a little longer than I can during the week.

I hope everyone is continuing to take care of themselves and find that bit of time each day to relax and recharge your own batteries. I am not sure what this week has in store, but hopefully I will be able to find some time to move a couple of projects forward.


No comments: