Monday, January 31, 2022

Where did the week go?

Here it is the start of another week, and I am happy to say that things are starting to open up again. We will see how things go moving forward, but there is still a lot of caution in regard to the new restrictions and everything else.

Working for me stays the same as I work from home, so I will continue to do that and will see how things go. I am looking forward to not hearing about Covid as much, but that is still going to be awhile.

I am not sure where the last week went, but I do know that I was busy with a lot of things that took time, so my relax time was very short each day.

Ruskin's Penguins - here is a project that got some attention this past week. I am still working on getting more of the border done, and it is taking quite a bit of time to see progress on it right now. The little areas are a lot of stitches, so even after working on it for a while you don't feel like you have made much progress on it. 

I have just about finished the black on one part of the border, and then I will move onto trying to get more of the black done on the second section of the border. I have decided that I am going to try and work on all the black on the piece and then go back and add the white. I am not sure if that is what I will end up doing, but for now that is my aim.

Let's see what gets done on this piece next, as getting more of the border done would be a good idea.

Turquoise - here is a project that I pulled out because I haven't worked on it for a while. It isn't a very large project, but for some reason I just didn't want to work on it, so I pulled it out this week and decided it was time to try and get it moved forward.

I have now got to the point where I have reached all the corners on the design, so it is just a matter of filling in each of the sections. I would like to continue to work on this piece, as I know that it wouldn't take too long to get it finished if I focused on it.

 I am not sure if I will work on this piece again this week, but I do know that I won't be putting it too far away, as I would like to see it finished before too long.


One of the things that I started to do when I pulled this piece back out was decided to try and finish a colour at a time over the entire design. Each quarter is a repeat, so that means that it is pretty easy to know how much of a colour you have to do. The other thing about trying to complete a colour at a time is that you don't have to keep changing colours of thread, and you can focus on the entire design and not just one little section. The pile of colours is slowly starting to decrease now, and so I will try and continue to work on a colour at a time and maybe that will help me focus on this piece and get it done.

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - this past week, I decided it was time to start working on another shawl for myself. This pattern is very easy at the beginning because it is just garter stitch with some increases. I am enjoying doing this when I just need something to keep my hands busy, but I don't want to either count rows or stitches. The pattern does have a nice lace design at the other end of the shawl, but before I get to do that I have to finish this section, which so far I have been enjoying.

I hope to continue to work on this piece as just getting all the garter rows and increase done would be nice, but I am not in a hurry either, so I will enjoy the process.

Other projects - I haven't been working on many other craft projects  as I have been busy with a lot of other things.

I hope everyone has a good week, and you continue to find a bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing. It helps you recharge your own batteries so that you are ready to face the next day with some energy.




No comments: