Monday, January 3, 2022

New starts, 2 finishes and Happy New Year

Here it is the start of a new year, and it looks like more Covid-19 restrictions are going to be put into place today, so now to see what happens. For us, we will continue to work remotely like we have been doing, so that is one thing that isn't going to be changing for us.

This past week was a week when I decided to spend some time trying to figure out what projects would get attention and what projects might be put away for a little while.

Queen Elizabeth I - now here is a project that I started on December 31st because I figured it wouldn't take me long to finish it, and I was right. I finished this piece on January 2nd, so it is my first finish for 2022 which makes me feel good.

This project is a full coverage piece, and it is 1.5 inches x 2.25 inches, so not very big at all. It was a fun stitch, and I know that I have other patterns this size that I will be working on throughout this coming year. It was nice to have a project to have something that worked up quickly and also being able to see a finish before too long.

I haven't decided how I will finish this piece, but it will probably be something very simple where I can hang it on my magnetic board and display it.

Ruskin's Penguins - here is a project that when I saw it shown on a video, I knew that I had to stitch it. It is by Modern Folk Embroidery, and it looks like it shouldn't take too long to stitch. 

I decided that before I started with a lot of the detail, I was going to get the border done so that I knew that it matched up, so that was my first priority. The inner board had the detail, so that is what I worked on, and I am just about finished with it, and then I can start adding in the details of the overall piece. 

I am looking forward to seeing this piece moved forward, so it might be one of them that gets attention in the next little while.

Ruth Gibb - I have fallen in love with reproduction samplers, so of course I had to have another one on the go.  This is by Hands Across The Sea, and it is my New Year start for 2022. I always said that I wouldn't do red samplers, but now they are something that I really enjoy doing. I have more of the Hands Across The Sea samplers on my wish list, so that will be more of these getting stitching in the next while. Yes, another red sampler, and I am happy with my one day of work on it.

This is Home - I enjoyed worked on this piece, and it was another project that didn't take long to complete. I started it December 22nd and finished December 28th. It is going to be finished, and we are going to be hanging this in our front hall. 

It is nice to see a project that you can get finished quickly and hopefully this year I will be doing more of this style of project.  I will still be doing the larger projects as well, but these are a lot of fun to work on.

Other projects - I did work on the Pashmina shawl a bit in the last week but not enough to take a picture of. It is a project that I hope to get finished soon so that I have another finish before too long.

I have lots of different projects that I want to work on this year and I have some goals that I want to achieve, but I will be keeping them to myself for now until I figure out if they are realistic or not.

I hope everyone continues to find that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy. I know that making sure that I have that bit of time at the end of the day makes a big difference. I have the time to stitch my mind back together, and I start the next day feeling so much better about things.

Please stay safe and take care of yourself. Happy New Year and all the best in 2022.


No comments: