Monday, January 17, 2022

Some finishes

Here it is the start of another week and if you are in southern Ontario you woke up to lots of snow.  It is amazing how much snow we have received, and they are saying we can get another 10 - 15 cm before it ends. We have already got 35 cm  and that was at 9 am this morning. Schools are closed, and the roads are covered. 

I am very thankful that we are able to work from home, and we don't have to go out in this. I know the police have said if you don't need to go out, stay home.

Ruth Gibb - I am very happy to be able to say that Ruth Gibb is finished. I worked on her this week, and I was able to get it finished yesterday morning. I am so happy to see that I was able to get it done as quickly as I did.  I started this piece on January 1st and finished it January 16th.

I am really liking stitching red samplers and have a couple more on my list of ones that I want to do this year. It is always fun to think that before I never thought I would be stitching red samplers, and now they are what I look at and enjoy doing.

Icicle dishcloth - this past week, I decided it was time to start working on using up some of the cotton yarn that I have. I quickly found a pattern that I wanted to make and over the last week I was able to finish this dishcloth. I am now working on another one of these and hope to have it finished before too long. 

Being able to work on some dishcloths is nice because they are quick to make and end up being an excellent gift to give when you are going to visit someone. 

I am going to try and make some more dishcloths through this year and will see how many I end up with at the end of the year.

Pandemic - here is a project that hasn't had a lot of attention lately. I decided it was time to see if I could at least make a bit of progress on it, so that is something else that I worked on over the last week.

It is taking a very long time to see much progress on this piece, so I will continue to work on it a bit at a time and will see how things go.

Other projects - I have been working on some other projects, but of course really don't have a lot to show. I will continue to work on a bunch of things and will see what happens. 

I hope everyone is having a good day and remember to stay safe and take care of yourself and your loved ones.


 

No comments: