Monday, July 26, 2021

An old project comes back out and some progress

 Here it is the start of another week and I can say that I hope that this week things will continue to improve here in Ontario.  The case numbers are still not as low as everyone wants them, but at least stores are open again and people are getting back to work.

The Forgotten - I decided to pull out a piece that I haven't worked on for over a year. The Forgotten was put away in March 2020, and I finally pulled it out and have started to work on i again.  

This piece is one that I want to get working on and so far I am happy with the progress that I made on it in just a week.  I hope that I can continue to see some good progress on it as I would like to see how quickly I can get it moved forward.  I know it isn't something that will be completed quickly but at least seeing some good progress makes me happy.


I have other projects that have been put away for a while, and they are all going to be getting some attention as I would like to see that projects I have started or kitted up are now going to be moved forward and some of them even finished up.

The Forgotten will be staying out for a while as I want to make some more progress on it, and then I will see what I get out next.   I am currently just working on some black on the piece as there is lots of black that I need to do.

Moonstone - here is the project that has been my focus piece as I would really like it have it finished soon.  I am now working on finishing a colour at a time and that helps a lot because then I can start to see the entire piece come to life.  I love the colours in this piece and have already decided on the next colour version of this that I will be working on.

 The next piece will be a bigger design, but it will still be based on the diamond pattern.  I don't know when that piece will be started as I have other things that I also want to do so will just have to wait and see.

Other things - I continue to try and figure out the other things that I am going to work on but lately my focus as been on trying to move some of my cross stitch piece forward.  I am finding that when I have a bit of time each day to relax my cross stitch is the first thing that I pull out.

 I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do the things that you like to do.  Making sure you take the time for yourself is important, as it gives you the energy to be there for everyone else.  Have a good week and hopefully I will have more to show you next week.

No comments: