Monday, July 19, 2021

A finish and some progress

Here it is the start of another week and all I can say is I am happy that things are slowly starting to get back to some sort of normal here.  We are still dealing with some Covid restrictions, but things are slowly starting to reopen and get back to some sort of normal.
For us things are still the same as we are working remotely, and it is something that we will be doing even after things get back to normal.  Working remotely most of the time is what we have been doing for a long time. 

Harriet Gobey - as I said last week this was going to be a focus piece as I was really enjoying it and I have to admit that it did stitch up extremely fast.  I think with it being one colour made it work up fast as well as how much I enjoyed working on it helped.  This is the third Hands Across The Sea piece that I finished in the last little while, and I currently don't have another one that I will be working on. I have another one kitted up and ready to go, but I have some other projects that I will be working on for a while instead.
Pandemic - I picked up this piece for a while on the weekend, but it doesn't look like I got much done.  I worked on the second line of border that I needed to do and of course it doesn't show up very good in the picture.
I would like to continue to work on this piece as it would be nice to see more of it done over the next little while.  It does take a while to get across the bottom of the piece and I still have two more lines of the border to finish, so that will probably be the next thing that I focus on getting done.

Moonstone - here is the piece that got most of my attention after I got Harriet Gobey finished. I worked on getting the first colour totally stitched on the piece, and now it is just a matter of filling in the rest of the colours  This piece isn't very big when it is finished as it means just over 4 inches square, but there are lots of stitches in it.
I will continue to work on this some this week, as I would like to see how much more of it I can get done.   It might not be the focus piece for the week, but I do plan on making sure that it gets some attention as I am now getting to the point where I can see the end of this piece.  It isn't going to be a fast finish, but hopefully soon it will be done.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something that you love.  It doesn't matter what it is, but making sure that you send a few minutes each day relaxing is very important. Hope you continue to stay safe and hopefully soon we will all be able to do the things that we did before.  Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have some more progress on things to show you.




 

No comments: