Monday, July 5, 2021

A finish and some good progress

 Here it is the start of another week and if you live in Ontario a start of another couple of days of very hot and humid days.

Ontario is slowly starting to reopen which is great so now to see how things go.  It feels good to see that stores are finally being able to have customers and even just being able to pick something up without having to plan ahead is great.  Yes, curbside pickup was wonderful, but you didn't get to see the item before you purchased it.

Emily Ann Foster - this week I once again focused on Emily Ann as I really wanted to see her finished, and I am happy to say that on Thursday I put the last stitches in on her.  It isn't a very big piece as it is just under 10 inches square.  I am now going to be looking forward to framing this piece and hanging it up in our home. 

Emily was a gift from a friend, and I am happy to have her finished and have already shared the picture of it with the person that gave it to me.

 Of course, once Emily was completed it was time to start figuring out the next project or projects that were going to get attention.  I had one in mind as it is something else that I hope to finish soon.


The next project that was on my plate was another Hands Across The Sea as I wanted to see if I could move this one forward as well.


In Our Garden Many Flowers Bloom - I had started this piece earlier in the year as something to work on while I was also working on Mini Forget Me Not.  It is a rather quick stitch project and something that I have been able to make some good progress on this last week.

I have stitched on this piece since finishing Emily, and I should be able to have another finish before too long. I don't have much more of this piece to finish either so that is great.  I hope to have this one finished before next week.

 It feels so different seeing some quick progress on pieces after working on full coverage for so long. I will be continuing to work on some smaller projects for a while.

Pandemic - this piece hasn't got any attention since December of last year, so it was time to see if I could move it forward a bit as well.  I decided that I would try and get to the other side of the design so that I can see how wide it actually was.  it felt good sitting and just working on one row of this, and now I have reached the right side of the pattern.

 This project is going to be taking quite a while to do because it is larger and something that I can only work on a bit at a time.  I hope to continue to add a few stitches to this piece each month just so that I can see some progress on it before the end of the year.

Moonstone - this is the other piece that got a bit of attention this weekend.  It is like so many other projects hadn't been worked on since last year, so I felt I needed to try and get it moved forward. This is a full coverage design, so it does take a bit of concentration to make sure that I am not making mistakes on it.  I would like to see if I can continue to get more stitches in on this piece as well as I don't think it should take long to get it finished.

 Moonstone will only be around 4 inches square when it is done, so it isn't big, but there are still lots of stitches in this piece

 

I have been having some fun working on different projects this past week and will see what happens this week.  One of the other advantages was last week we had a holiday on Thursday, so that meant that I had some extra time to sit and relax and work on a project.

This week I will see what projects that I want to work on as I do have a new start that I would like to see if I can get moved forward.  I am loving working on smaller projects as it feels great to see a change in it each time you sit and work on it even if it isn't for too long.

I hope everyone is staying safe and well, and you continue to find bits of time each day to do something that you love. If you are dealing with the hot and humid weather take care of yourself and try and stay cool.  Have a great week and hopefully next week I will have more to show you.


No comments: