Monday, August 2, 2021

Another finish and some progress

 Here it is the start of another week here.  It is nice that today is a holiday, so that means that there isn't as many things that have to get done, so I think today I will see what stitching I can get done.

 Things in Ontario continue to be the same in regard to the pandemic other than cases have started to rise again, so will see what that means moving forward.

Mini The Forgotten - here is a piece that has got attention each day this week, and I am very happy with the overall progress that I have made on her. 

It is amazing how much stitching you can get done when you focus on just one colour on a pattern.  I continue to work mostly with just black, but have slowly started to add in a few other colours to help with the filling in of the overall dress that I can currently stitching.

 I am going to continue to work on this piece, as I am loving how much I can get done when I just focus on it. It may not get as much attention this coming week, but time will tell.

Pandemic - this piece sits near me in my office as it is a project that I can pick up when I have a few minutes to just add a few stitches in on it.  I hadn't worked on it for quite a while until yesterday when I decided it was time to continue to move it forward.

I am still working on getting the bottom border done and hope that the next time I pick it p I can get more of the border done, and then I will see where I go from there.
Unleash the Butterflies - here is a piece that got a bit of stitching this week, and that is because I decided to have some fun during the Olympics.

Someone in a cross stitch Facebook group mentioned putting in stitches on a project for every medal that your country won. At first, I didn't think I would do it, but after a bit I decided it might be fun to get some more progress on a piece. 

What I am doing is Gold medals equals 60 stitches, Silver medals 40 stitches and then Bronze medals are 20 stitches.  It is a lot of fun as it means that I have to track the number of medals that Canada has won.  I am currently behind in my stitching as we have won 480 stitches worth of medals so far, and I have only put in 160 stitches.  This week I will need to make sure that I can get more of the stitches in while also seeing how many more stitches will be adding to what I need to stitch.

Moonstone - here is the project that was my focus until it was finished.  I have to admit that I really enjoyed working on this piece as once you got into it and figured out the design it was pretty easy.  

The piece measures 3.75 inches square, so it isn't very big, but it was something that I enjoyed working on and will see how I finish it. I know that it is going to be in my office once it is completed as these are some of my favourite colours that are in this piece.  After I got all the white stitches in, it was pretty easy to work on adding each of the other colours.


This week it is going to be busy as it is a short week for work but will see how things go.  I hope that everyone continues to take care and stay safe as we are still dealing with the Pandemic, but hopefully soon we can start to do things out and about again.

 Continue to find that bit of time each day for yourself and do something that you enjoy.  It doesn't matter what it is, but at least taking some time each day for yourself is important, as it gives yo the energy to help others. If things go well, I should have some more progress on things to show you next week. Have a great week.

No comments: