Monday, July 12, 2021

Another finish, progress and a new start

Here it is another week, and I am happy to say that Ontario is finally starting to look like it is getting back to normal.  We are still dealing with restrictions, but at least things are starting to open, and it feels good.

 Working remotely will continue to be something a lot of us do for at least the rest of this year, but we will see what happens.

In Our Garden Many Flowers Bloom - this week I was able to get the rest of In Our Garden stitched and am happy to say that I have another finish.  It feels great seeing that I have been able to get these projects finished up quickly as I have a bunch of other things that I would like to start working on.  Now I just need to continue to get more of the larger projects worked on. I loved stitching this piece and now to figure out how to frame it.

Unleash the Butterflies - this week I decided to try and put a few more stitches in on this piece so that I can continue to move it forward. Instead of working on getting a page finish, I decided to continue to work on adding a bit more of the black in so that I can have areas where I can work on other colours as well.

I will see what I get done on this piece over the next week as I have other projects and work that I need to do, so this project will get a bit of attention, but I am not sure how much it will really get.

I hope to continue to work on at least one of my Heaven and Earth projects each week so that I can continue to move all of them forward.  I have a couple of other projects that I haven't worked on for a while, so maybe I will try and get a few stitches on them over the next little while.

Harriet Gobey 1849 - here is a new start that I did this week.  Of course, after finished In Our
Garden by Hands Across The Sea I decided it was only right for me to pick up another one of those designs and see how quickly I could get it stitched up.  This piece is a little different from the other two than I did, but again it is a nice size, so it makes me happy. When this piece is finished it will fit into an 8 x 8 inch frame, so that is nice.  Instead of stitching on my normal 18 count Aida or 28 count even weave, I decided to work on 20 count, and I am loving it again.

I have completed the border all the way around on the piece, so now it is just the matter of filling in the rest of the design. This piece is only done with one colour, so it is a pretty quick stitch.  I hope to have more of this piece done this week as it is my focus piece for stitching.

 

 I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do the things that you love.  I know that even when we are busy with everything else I try and ensure that I have a bit of time to sit and do something for myself.  Have a good week and I hope to have some other things to show you next week if I can continue to make progress on things.




 

No comments: