Monday, January 25, 2021

Progress and some finishes


Mini Forget Me Not Jan 17

Here it is the start of another week and another week of lockdown for us.  Things haven't changed too much other than the case numbers are slowly starting to come down here in Ontario. The weather has gotten colder but working remotely means that we aren't out in the weather too much.

Not sure when Toronto is going to be able to do much given our Covid-19 case numbers, but they are slowly starting to come down.  Hopefully  schools will be able to open up again soon and life will slowly start to get back to normal. 

Mini Forget Me Not Jan 24
 Mini Forget Me Not - here is the project that got quite a bit of my attention this week.  I am very happy with the overall progress that I made on it.  I was able to focus on getting some larger sections of colour done and right now it is looking a little different.  I was able to stitch over to the right-hand side of the piece and have completed one page of the pattern out of the 9.

I don't have a lot of the flowers or the fairy done but at least I am slowly starting to get some background done, and I had to admit that there is a lot of background.  I am not sure which way I will head now but at least I know how wide the piece is going to be.

Finished socks Jan 24
Socks - I finally was able to make a bit of progress on two of the socks that I had on the go.  I continued to work on these and finally over the weekend I was able to get the two of them finished.  I am happy to know that I have two more socks finished, but the problem is now that I have one sock of two different colours so of course that means that I needed to start the other sock to go with each of these.  I cast on the socks yesterday and both of them got a bit of attention so now to see which sock gets finished first. 

new socks
I still have one other sock that I have been working on and hopefully this week it will get some love and maybe even get to the point where it is finished.  That sock is the second of a pair so that will mean that I should soon have another pair of socks that I can wear.
 

I have a few other projects that I am slowly working on but as you can imagine there isn't much to show, so I haven't taken any pictures of them.  I am starting to get back to having some time when I can craft and get a few things done so that is making me feel good.   The weather here is cold, but we haven't had much snow yet this winter, but they are calling for some tomorrow, and then we will see what happens after that.

I hope everyone has a good week, and you find some time when you can do the things that make you happy each day. It doesn't matter if it is 5 minutes or hours as long as you can take a bit of time to yourself and do what makes you happy.  Have a great week and stay safe.


No comments: