Monday, January 4, 2021

What a week

2020 socks

Here it is the start of another week and a start of a new year.  We are still in lockdown and if the number of Covid cases doesn't go down we will be in lockdown for a while longer.  Our lockdown is in effect until Jan 23rd at the earliest.

We continue to work remotely and given the last couple of weeks have meant a lot of businesses slowed down for the holidays it was good.  It meant that I had a bit of time to do things that I wanted to do and yes stitching was something that got attention.

Socks - here are the socks that I finished in 2020 and there are 3.5 pairs of socks finished and that makes me feel good.  Now I need to get back to working on socks so that I can continue to finish up socks and end up with matching socks instead of just single socks.

started socks 2021

I am also going into 2021 with some socks on the needs and at least one of them is to finish off a pair so that is good. It is nice to have socks on the needles as it means that when I need something to work on I can quickly pick them up and work on them. I am looking forward to seeing how many socks I end up knitting in 2021. I hope to get more socks made and more of the inventory of sock yarn reduced.

Northern Patrol Jan 3
Northern Patrol - As it New Years it was time for a new start, so I figured out a couple of projects that I wanted to do. The first project that I started was Northern Patrol and is a full coverage piece which makes me feel good.  I didn't get a lot of stitches in on this piece but that doesn't bother me.  I am looking forward to seeing how much of this I can get done, but it will depend on how the other project that I have on the go proceeds.

Northern Patrol
I am looking forward to seeing what this project looks like and that will depend on how much time I can spend on this project.

Mini Forget Me Not Jan3
Mini Forget Me Not - this is a project has got a lot of attention since I started it.  I would like to see how things go moving forward in the next little while.  This project means a lot to me and part of it is because it has Forget Me Not flowers on it.  Forget Me Not flowers are also a symbol for Alzheimer's and that cause is very close to my heart.

I hope that I can also spend some time working on this project as it helps me feel better about other things that have been going on.  I lost my dad to both Dementia and Alzheimer's, so I am going to be stitching this piece as a way to remember him.

Mini Forget Me Not
This is another full coverage piece so that means I am going to be working on this piece for quite a while.  I look forward to seeing how much of it I can do while also dealing with the death of my dad.  I know I won't have this piece completed quickly, but it does feel good having something that I can work on and just hide from the world with.


Covid ornaments - I was able to get four ornaments completed before the new year and that made me feel good.  These were given to my mom and sister, and they were able to hang them on their trees before it was time to take the tree down.

Covid Christmas ornamentsI am going to now try and get my two ornaments done, but they won't be on our tree this year, but I still want to get them made as a way to remember what 2020 was really like.


ETSY and Personal update - as a lot of you know I was raising funds for the Alzheimer's Society of Toronto by selling my grime guards.  I am making this 104 dollar donation,  as my dad had both Dementia and Alzheimer's, so wanted to do something to help one of these organizations.

My dad did pass away on January 3rd, but I know that he is now in a better place and is no longer having to deal with these crazy diseases.


I hope everyone can continue to find time to spend a bit of time each day to do the things that you love doing.  It is important that we all remember to take a bit of time for yourselves each day and do something.





 

No comments: