Monday, February 1, 2021

Progress and a new project

Mini Forget Me Not Jan 24
 Here it is the start of another week and also the start of another month.  I can honestly say that the months seem to be going by quickly, but things are still the same around here.  Covid-19 still means we are working remotely, and we are basically in lockdown and not sure when that it's going to end.
Mini Forget Me Not Jan 31
Mini Forget Me Not - I have continued to work on this project a bit each day, and it makes me happy to see that I am making some progress on it.  I didn't get as many stitches in on it this week but at least I was able to move it forward again.  I will see what this week is like as I would like to continue to work on this and see if I can make some more progress on the bottom section.  

I have been trying to work on some larger sections of colour so that it is easier to have spots where I can start and ends threads when I have the sections that only have a few stitches of one colour.

Socks
Socks - now my socks are continuing to get a bit of attention each day but again not as much as I had hoped that I would do.  I have been at least making sure that both of the socks gets some attention and I didn't even take a picture of either of them as there hasn't been much progress on either of them.  Maybe next week I will have some progress that is worth showing.  I know that making sure that I can continue to pick them up makes me feel a little better.

English paper piecing Jan 31
English paper piecing - now here is where some of my attention has gone in the last week.  Yes it looks like it is a bunch of random pieces of fabric being put together, and I can say that is so true. Now the fabric that I am using for this throw has a very special meaning to my mom, my sister and me.  Each of these pieces of fabric that I am using are from shirts that belonged to my dad.

I decided that after my dad passed away that I was going to work on making a throw for my mom using some of his shirts.  I felt that at least then she would have something to keep her warm, and it would also be a reminder of my dad.  I have started this project and one thing I did realize that a lot of his shirts were plaid or versions of plaid.  We have had some good laughs while going through all of his shirts looking at them and remembering.  I am happy with the progress that I have made on this as I just started putting the motifs together yesterday, and now I am looking forward to seeing how many more that I can get done.


I continue to try and make progress on some of my other projects a bit at a time and now to see what this week is like.  I hope everyone has a good week, and you find some time each day to do something that you enjoy.  It doesn't matter how long you do one of your favourite things as long as you take that time for yourself.  Hope the weather is good where you are, and you aren't dealing with lots of snow or other storms.  Take care, and we will try and be back next week with some more progress on things.




No comments: