Monday, January 18, 2021

Projects moving forward

Mini Forget Me Not Jan 10Here it is the start of another week, and I am happy to see that I was able to make a bit of progress on some projects.  We are still in lockdown here in Ontario but that doesn't change the work for us.  We continue to work remotely with our clients and that works pretty well.

Mini Forget Me Not - here is the project that got some attention this week.  It feels good when you can see a bit of difference when you post the two pictures.  I was able to focus on getting some larger sections of colour moved forward.  I wasn't able to concentrate enough to work on all the little bits of colour changes, so I decided to just work on the larger sections and that worked well for me.

I am not sure what I will be working on this week on this piece, but I am looking forward to seeing if I can get more of this piece accomplished. I look at this piece and there are still lots of large colour sections so will see if I continue to work on them or if I will start working on the little bits of colour. Each day I try and get a few stitches in on this piece and that makes me feel good.  Some days I don't get very many done and then on the weekends are the times that I can make the best progress on this piece.

Alzheimer's Poem - Mar 22
Poem about Alzheimer's - here is a project that has been sitting without getting any work done on it since March 2020.  I decided that it was finally time for me to get back to working on it so will see how it goes moving forward.  I am not sure how much I will get done on it, but I think I can now work on it with a total understanding.

Alzheimer's Poem Jan 17
This is a poem that I charted myself and of course now that I am back working on it, I am making modifications to the pattern. I would like to get this finished so now to figure out how to move it forward quickly while also working on other projects.

Wellington Worksock shawl
Wellington Worksock Shawl - here is a picture of a shawl that I started just before Christmas and have finally been able to get some progress on it.  This is a very simple project so once again something that I can pick up and work on without getting frustrated with it. Of course, the pattern called for grey, white and red, but I decided to do it in teal and cream so will see what it looks like once it is finished.  It is easy to work on so that is something that I am going to be trying to get done over the next little while.

Socks
Socks - as you can imagine the socks continue to get attention as I do work on them a bit each day. I haven't finished any of these socks yet, so now I need to focus on getting some of them finished so that I can start either the 2nd sock of some of these or a new colour.  I hope that I can get some more of these socks moved forward and will see what happens in the next little while.


I am working on some other projects as well as I am finally able to focus on things a little easier.  Maybe, I am also trying to keep myself busy instead of dealing with all the emotions that keep bubbling up inside me.  I hope that before too long I can see that I am able to get back to doing all the things that I really love to do without not being able to focus on them for too long.

I hope everyone has a good week, and you find some time each day to do something that you love doing.  I will continue to work on my cross-stitch and knitting and will see what projects get my attention this week. 






 

No comments: