Monday, July 27, 2026

Progress on a few things

Here it is the start of another week and hard to believe that July is almost over. I know for me this month has been flying by and now to see what I have been able to accomplish.

This past week has been one of those weeks without a really focus so that means that there are quite a few projects work on instead of focusing on moving only a couple forward. The weather was also cooler than it has been so that meant being able to focus on things that I normally don't in the summer.

Wishful Thinking - this project did get a bit of attention, and I am finally getting closer to having the border completed. Getting the border completed would be nice and then I could focus on willing in the words and the rest of the design. The border is what is taking so long because there are lots of stitches in it, so getting it done would be great.

I am not certain if I will work on this piece this coming week, but we will see as I haven't put it away so that helps as it is available for some attention.

Star Touched Meadows - February - here is a piece that hasn't had any attention since early June, so I thought it was time for it to at least get a few stitches in on it.

I was able to work on it and my goal was to see if I could complete another colour on the piece and I accomplished that. It is an easy project to work on because as each quadrant is the same so once you do one section you know what you need in the next section.

Of course, this project didn't get a lot of attention as my brain wanted me to work on other things so we will see how things go in the next little while if this piece gets some more attention.

I am not certain what cross stitch is going to be getting the attention this week as there are a few that I would like to pick up and maybe work on but I guess we are going to have wait and see what gets attention and what is going to have to wait for another week.

Granny wrap - grey - here is one project that did get a bit of attention this week as it was a great project to work on while watching some videos. It doesn't look like a lot of progress, but I was able to get just over four rows completed so that was nice. The rows are getting longer so they do take more time to complete but I am enjoying this project and am still figuring out how large this wrap is going to be.

Other projects - this week I can say that I have been working quite a bit on my English Paper Piecing and it makes me happy. I have spent quite a bit of time moving some of those projects forward.

It has felt great seeing projects moved forward and I will write more when I write that blog at the end of the month.

I hope everyone has been having a good summer and you are finding that time to do the things that make you happy. Being able to at least do some things that make you happy is important. If you are dealing with storms or extreme heat, please try and stay safe. Before long we are going to be complaining that it's too cold and there is too much snow.

This week I am not certain what I will be working on as each day I just work on something that makes me happy. I hope to have something to show you next week and until then take care of yourself and I will be posting my English Paper Piecing blog on the 1st of the month and I will then be back next Monday with what else I have worked on this week.

 

No comments: