Monday, September 16, 2024

Some good progress

Here it is the start of another week, and I have at least been able to spend some time working on my crafting. I know that this last week was a little different so now to see what this week is like as I would like to continue to get more crafting done but there are work things that also need my attention.

We have had some nice warm days lately and that has been nice but we are going to be getting rid of the humidity after today so things should get back to normal on that front. It has been nice to spend some time sitting outside and enjoying the weather.

Arabesque - here is the project that I focused on again this week and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on it. It has felt so good being able to work on moving this project forward even if I don't get a lot of time to work on it. 

I am looking forward to seeing what I can get done on this piece over the next week because it would be nice to continue to move this project forward. It has been a lot of fun to work on and each time I work on it I am getting closer to the top of the design. 

It is now time for me to scroll the design up again so that I can have more room to work on it and hopefully I will be able to get more of this piece done. I know that the left side of the pattern is getting closer to the top and maybe that is what I will try and achieve this week. If I can at least get part of the pattern up to the top I will then know the area that is left to stitch.

Simple Shawl - here is the knitting project that I picked up and work on this week. It is nice moving this piece forward and I am looking forward to having it finished.  

I still don't know how much bigger this shawl is going to get because I am just working on the ball of yarn and will use it all up on this project. It is fun not knowing the actual size it will be because it helps me want to continue to work on it to see what it looks like and how big it is once it's done.

Of course, I am thinking of starting another shawl so that I can have two on the go. It would be a different pattern but again it is using up some of the yarn that I have which is one of my goals for this year. I am enjoying working with the fingering weight yarn as a ball of yarn does last a lot longer than a ball of worsted weight yarn.

Other projects - I haven't been working on a lot of other projects lately as I have been trying to stay focused and get things done. Hopefully if I can continue to stay focused, I will get these projects finished up and then be able to work on some of the other things that I would like to do.

This week I am not certain what I have to try and get done but I do know that I am going to try and stay focused on my crafting projects to see if I can get them moved forward again. If the weather is still hot and humid I may take my knitting out onto the balcony and see if I can move it forward some.

I hope everyone has a good week and you find some time to do the things that you enjoy doing. Being able to spend that bit of time each day doing things that you enjoy is important as it does help recharge your personal batteries.

Next week I hope to be back with a bit more progress on my projects if things go well. 





 

No comments: