Monday, September 9, 2024

More progress and a finish

Here it is the start of another week, and I am looking forward to seeing how things go. It is going to be a busy week, but I hope that I can continue to find time to work on some of the projects that I currently have on the go. We are dealing with the roller coaster of weather right now, so that means one day it is warm, and then the next one is quite a bit cooler. Hopefully this week, the weather will warm up just a little bit, as I would like to find some time to sit outside.
Arabesque - here is the cross stitch that I picked up and worked on this week. I am happy with the progress that I was able to make and hope that this coming week I can add more to this piece. I have reached the 50% complete, and now I am looking forward to seeing how much more of it I can get done.
If I can focus on this piece for a while I might be able to get it closer to a finish but will have to see how it goes. I do know that I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like when I can see the piece finished.

Easy Goes It Shawl - this is the knitting project that I have been working on and am happy with the progress that I was able to get done this last week. I was determined to see if I could get the piece finished by the end of the weekend and with some focus, I was able to accomplish that. This shawl was nice to work on and now I just need to block it and then it will be ready to wear. The yarn was nice to work with and now to pick up the next project and see how it goes.
I think I have figured out the next project that I will work on but that could change when I go to pick it up. I have been enjoying working on the various knitting projects and am looking forward to working on the next one. I do have lots of fingers and sports weight yarn that is waiting to be made into something so now to pick something up and get to work on it.
Other projects - I haven't worked on any other projects this past week and will have to see how this week goes. I do know that I have things that I would like to work on, but I am trying to keep a focus so that I can get things done.

The one thing that I have made sure I have done even when I have been busy has been to ensure that I take those few minutes each day to do something that I enjoy. It doesn't have to be a long time but even those 15 - 20-minute escapes can make such a difference.  This week I will see what I work on and hopefully next week I will have some progress on at least one project. 




 

No comments: