Monday, September 2, 2024

Progress and a start and finish

Here it is the start of another week and yes, I was able to make some progress on some projects in the last week. It was a nice week when I was able to spend some time working on projects and seeing progress on some of them. Now to see what this week is like as I would like to see if I can move at least one project forward a bit and then see what else I can get done.
Arabesque - here is the project that got a bit of attention this weekend as I wanted to see if I could move it forward a bit. I haven't spent a lot of time on this cross stitch in the past week so now hopefully I can get back to working on it as I would like to see how quickly I can get this piece done. I am loving how the colours are turning out on the piece so now to spend a bit more time working on it and maybe get those two missing letters done before too long.
I will see how much of it I can get in the next week because seeing some more progress on it would make me very happy. The only way I can see progress is if I pick it up so that is what I am going to have to try and do in the next little while.

Chew Magna Project #1 - here is the project that I did work on this week. This is a cross stitch that I did based on a picture of this pattern that was in St Andrews Church in Chew Magna, England. My sister saw two cross stitch pieces in the church and immediately thought that it would be nice to stitch it. We couldn't find any pattern, so I charted the piece from the pieces she had. This piece was quick to stitch up as it only took me three evenings to get it done. Now, I need to chart and stitch the other cross that she saw because it would be nice to have both. This church is where our grandfather went as a boy in England.
Easy Goes It - I have been able to make some progress on this project in the last week. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but at least I have been able to move it forward and that is what is important. Now to see if I can continue to get more of this shawl knit as it would be nice to have it finished before too long.
I am enjoying working on this shawl and it is a pretty easy pattern so just being able to focus on it for a little while would be good so will have to see how it goes in the next week. Being able to sit and knit for even an hour a day is good and I do need to get back to doing that as it moves projects forward and it also helps me regain a focus when things are busy.
Simple Shawl - this past week we were doing some driving so I wanted a project that I could work on in the car as a passenger. I was able to get some of this knit last week and it will be a project that I will pick up and work on either when we are driving somewhere or when I just have a few minutes and don't want to worry about a pattern. This didn't take long before it was growing and now that the rows are a bit longer it does take more time to see progress, but it is still very enjoyable to work on. I am not certain how large this shawl is going to be because I have 115 grams of this yarn, and I am going to just knit until it is finished. I love patterns like this because it means you don't end up with little bits of a colour. 
Other projects - I haven't been working on anything else and given what I was able to accomplish last week I am happy that I had a focus. Now to see what this week has in store as it is a holiday here today so that means that I might be able to find a bit of time to craft, but I also have some other things that I also want to accomplish.

I hope everyone has a good week and you find the time each day to recharge your personal battery because that helps you focus on the things that you need to do. My goal this week is to try and make some progress on a few things and then see how things go. It is going to be a busy week for me so I will see what crafting I can get done. If things go well, I should be back next week with at least a little bit of progress on something.




 

No comments: