Thursday, August 1, 2024

English Paper Piecing - July Progress

Here it is the start of another month, and I can honestly say that I was able to make some progress on my English Paper Piecing projects this last month. Maybe, part of it is because there was a lot going on in July and I needed a project that I could pick up and work on even just bits at a time. 

In August I hope that I can continue to move some of these projects forward again because it makes me happy to see what I was able to accomplish in a month.

Table Runner - here is the project that does take a bit more focus and it was something that I wanted to see if I could move it closer to being finished. The pattern does take a bit of work to ensure that you are joining the motifs correctly, but I have now figured out a method that works for me and I am getting it moved forward.

As I am looking at the second picture of the table runner, I am realizing that I don't have much more to do so hopefully I will be able to continue to work on it and maybe even get the rest of the months attached. If I am looking at this correctly, I have a row to finish attached and then just two more rows to go and this table runner will be ready for quilting.

Popsy's throw - this project is something that is fun to work on because it is just making motifs and I can get a few made in just a bit of time. It is also a project that is easy to move around so that also does help.

I know that there are a lot more motifs that I need to make before I get this project finished but it is nice to have the motifs to work on when I have those few minutes and I want to work on something.

The pile of completed motifs is starting to pile up so I am thinking that I might get back to joining these into flowers so that I can continue to make the throw a bit at a time. The nice thing about this project is I have three stages and they are, making motifs, making flowers and joining flowers onto the throw. It gives me a nice variety.

Scrap throw - this project even got a bit of attention this month and part of that is because I wanted to work on making flowers from the motifs and this was the project that worked for that. One thing I have done is I have put together seven motifs into a little bag so that means that when I want to make a flower, I don't have to pick the motifs that is already done so it is fun.

With this project I like having the bags of motifs in a small container because it means that I can take them wherever I want, and it isn't a lot of stuff to carry with me.

Other projects - I didn't work on any of the other projects that I currently have on the go and that is good because right now I would like to try and focus on getting things moved forward and not starting something else.

I hope everyone has a good month and if things go as planned, I should have some more progress to show you at the end of the month. Have a good month and if you are working on your EPP project, I hope that you can make some good progress on it.

No comments: