Monday, August 26, 2024

Progress and a new/revised project

It is hard to believe that another week has come and done. Things here have been busy, so it has meant that the week has gone by so quickly and am not certain what I really did.

There are still so many things that I would like to accomplish that I need to make a list of them and start working through that list. Hopefully once things are back to normal once summer is over, I can get that list written out and start working through everything.

Arabesque - here is the cross stitch project that got the attention this week. I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on it. I do know that this week I am not going to have as much time to work on the piece, so hopefully next weekend I can work on moving it forward again. It does feel good seeing that I have been able to get some of the letters done. If things go well, I might be able to roll the scroll bars a bit later this week and have a bigger area to work on again.

This project is still a lot of fun to work on, and I think with it being one colour floss it makes it so much easier to do. Using hand-dyed floss can be a bit of a challenge, but once you get into the habit of how you want to do things it makes it pretty easy to do.


Easy Goes It - here is the current knitting project that I am working on. It is a nice shawl that doesn't take too long to do, and it is something that I am enjoying doing. This shawl was started on Wednesday after I made a decision on the shawl that I was working on before. The Miss May Mystery Shawl has now been stopped and all the yarn wound into balls because I wasn't enjoying how it was looking. The yarn that I had picked to use for the shawl has a lot of character in each ball, and the shawl just wasn't looking like I wanted it to look.

It can be hard to make a decision to scrap a project after you have worked on it for quite a few days but if you don't think you will ever wear it, it's better to stop making it then spend all the time working on it and then just not wear it. I know that I will make the Miss May Mystery Shawl at another time, but it will be with yarn that is a lot plainer than the yarn that I was using.

This decision that I made was a little disappointing in some ways but then now instead of having two shawls that I might not have worn I will have four different shawls that I should be able to wear and that makes me feel a lot better.

Other Projects - I haven't had a lot of time to work on other projects this last week and hope that I can at least get a couple of other projects moved forward in this next week. I have also been working on charting some piece so those are things that I hope to stitch up soon if I can just find the time to do them.

I hope everyone has a good week and you continue to find that bit of time for yourself each day to recharge your personal battery. My crafting does bring me join and then life gets busy, I know that if I can spend those few minutes doing something that brings me join.

If things go well this week, I should have something to show you next week, but time will tell what project I can get done. Have a good week and I will hopefully post again next week.

 

No comments: