Monday, August 19, 2024

Progress on a couple of projects

Here it is a start of another week, and it is starting out cooler than it has been, but that is fine with me. It looks like this is going to be a busy week, so I am going to see what I can get done, but I will try and at least move a couple of projects forward a bit before the end of this week.
Arabesque - here is the cross stitch project that got some attention this week. It didn't get as much as I would have liked to have given it, but at least I was able to move the project forward and that is what is important. It does feel good being able to work with one colour of thread. When I want to work on this project, I just have to grab the one variegated thread that I am working with and I can just stitch.

I hope to continue to move this project forward some again this coming week because it is nice to work on when I pick it up. Now that the large motif is completed some of the other parts of the project should move forward a little quicker or at least that is my hope.

Miss May Mystery Shawl - here is the knitting project that I am currently working on. I started this shawl at the beginning of last week and took a picture of it. This is how much I was able to get done on the Sunday when I started the project, and I was happy with how much I had done but it wasn't worth sharing it then.
Now you can see that I have been able to work on it for a while and yes there are different colours in the shawl, and it is working up at a good pace. The rows are getting longer so that means that I think it will take longer to see progress on the shawl, but I am going to continue to work on it as I would like to know that I have been able to move the shawl forward.

Other projects - I have been able to pick up and work on my EPP a little bit so that is making me happy, and I should have some progress to show at the end of the month on that.

Of course, there are always other projects that I want to work on, but I have been trying to keep a focus and limit the number of projects that I have on the go. It is sometimes so easy to start something but being able to see the progress that I have on my projects makes me feel good.

I hope everyone as good week and you find the time to do something for yourself each day. For me, it is trying to make sure that I have picked up my crafting even for just a few minutes each day as it helps me regain a focus and manage everything else that goes on around me.

This week I hope to continue to move my projects forward and hopefully will have something to show you next Monday. Have a good week and make sure you take time for yourself.




 

No comments: