Monday, August 5, 2024

A finish and a new start


Here it is the start of another week, and I am hoping that I will be able to spend some time working on a few of my projects as I would like if I can move things forward again. Being able to focus on things this last week was a little difficult, and part of that is because of the heat and humidity we were dealing with.


The weather here is supposed to be a little cooler, or at least a little less humidity, so that means it might be easier to focus on things. I do have some work things that also need my attention this week, so will have to see what I can get done.

Ramsay - here is the first project that I picked up and worked on this past week as I was trying to get him finished. It didn't take long once I could focus on it, and I worked on the piece until it was done. I had set a goal for myself to finish it in July, and I was able to finish it on July 31st, so that was good.

I still have one more Ramsay to stitch, as they are going to be Christmas ornaments when I fully finish them. I am thinking that I will try and pick up and work on the final Ramsay during August because having the three of them finished would make me happy, so that is what I am going to be trying to do. These are a lot of fun to stitch, and they don't take long to do if I can focus on moving it forward.

Of course, there are other projects that I am also working on, so that means the next Ramsay is going to be fitting in when I want a bit of a break from working on the other things.

Arabesque - here is a project that I started on August 1st as it is a stitch-along that I am hosting through Jan Hicks Creates - Stunning Cross Stitch Designs Facebook group. We decided that it was a piece that a lot of people wanted to do, so why not do a stitch-along. Arabesque is a monochrome piece by Jan Hicks and I have been having a lot of fun working on the piece. 

I started the piece in the bottom left corner and by the time I put it down last night I had got over to the bottom right of the design. I hope that I can continue to move this project forward because it is a nice piece, but that big motif has a lot of detail in it, so will see how that goes. I am going to have to try and focus on getting it done because if I don't get it done, I wouldn't be able to scroll up the piece if I get all the other parts completed before the motif is done.

Other projects - I am trying to focus on getting a few more motifs done for my English Paper Piecing, so will see how that goes over the next couple of weeks. I know that being able to move a bunch of things forward would be nice, so will see what happens.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something that they enjoy and recharge your own personal battery. It can be a challenge some days to put that time aside and relax, but it is important overall. 

If things go well, I hope to have something to show you again next week, but only time will tell. I have lots of things that I want to work on, but I need to try and focus on just a couple, otherwise I don't feel like I am getting anything done. Have a good week and will be back next week with another update.


No comments: