Monday, August 12, 2024

Some progress and another finish

Here it is the start of another week, and the weather has cooled down some here, so that makes it that being able to focus on things is a lot easier.

Work has been busy, but I have been able to find some time to make some progress on things and that also makes me happy.

Arabesque - here is the cross stitch project that got the attention and I am very happy with what I was able to get done in the last week. This project has been enjoyable to work on and having the different sections to work on does help. This motif that I am working on has taken quite a bit of time and now I just need to finish off the middle of it and then it will be finished.

This coming week I am going to continue to work on this piece and will see how much more of it I can get done. I am looking forward to getting into some of the other motifs and the alphabet and I should be able to start the alphabet before long.

Forage Shawl - this is the knitting project that I have been working on and it has been something that I have enjoyed working on. The yarn that I have used was from Arcane Fibre Works and it was nice and soft to work with. This shawl called for 100 grams of fingering weight yarn or approximately 400 metres. I was working on the shawl and at one point I did weigh the yarn that I had because I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough to finish the shawl.

The good news is on Saturday I was able to cast off the shawl and then I blocked it yesterday so now the shawl is done. I did have enough yarn to finish the shawl and even had 3 grams of yarn left so that was good. Of course, once I finished knitting this shawl it was time to figure out what I was going to work on next.

Yesterday I did start another shawl but there is no picture of it as there isn't much done on it so I should make some progress on it this coming week and will have a picture of it next week.

Other projects - this past week I was able to pick up and work on my English Paper Piecing for a little while so that is a bit of project on that this month. 

It has felt good being able to see progress on things and I am looking forward to seeing what else I can work on through the next couple of weeks. A lot of what I work on depends on how I am feeling but I do enjoy having different things that I can pick up and do.

I hope everyone is finding the time to do things that you enjoy doing. It doesn't matter what it is as long as there is a little bit of time each day spent taking care of yourself. I have found that when I am busy and don't take that time for myself it makes it harder to deal with the other things that happen that I can't control. Have a good week and I hope to have some more progress on things to show you next week.




 


No comments: