Monday, March 11, 2024

Making some progress

Here it is the start of another week, and it is hard to believe it is already March 11th. This month is flying by and hopefully soon we will have the weather that says it's spring.

I have been able to spend some time working on my crafting this week and have made some progress on things. Now to see if I can continue to move the various projects forward.

Sheltie - here is another one of those projects that was started years ago, and it is finally getting moved forward. Before I picked it up this week, I only had a little bit of the black just behind the mouth section done. The project is getting moved forward but I have come to realize how much I enjoy using Pattern Keeper when I am stitching. This pattern is a paper pattern that I couldn't get into Pattern Keeper, so it is slower progress than I am normally able to do. This pattern means that I have to keep looking to see where I am instead of quickly seeing where the next stitch goes.

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - here is the knitting project that I have been working on and yes, this week I was able to make a bit more progress on it. The lace section of this shawl is a lot of fun to work on once you get into it. I had a few challenges at first reading the pattern but then I realized what the issue was and now things are moving forward pretty well. 

This week I am going to be trying to see if I can get closer to finishing this shawl as it would be nice to see another project finished up quickly. The pattern isn't that hard, and I have seen this finished a couple of times and it does look wonderful when it's done.

Other projects - I have been working a little bit on my English Paper piecing as well this week so hopefully by the end of the month I will have some progress to show. It has felt nice getting back to doing the various projects.

This week I have a few things that I need to do and that means that I might not have quite as much time to craft but I am going to continue to try and find that bit of time each day to do something that I enjoy doing. I know that I would like to see the Sheltie cross stitch piece finally finished and getting the shawl finished would also be nice so I will see what happens this week.

I hope everyone has a good week and you find that bit of time to do something that you love doing. We may not be able to lose ourselves in what we love doing but even that little bit of time can make a difference on how you feel.

Next week I hope to have a bit more progress to show you, but we will just have to see how much I can accomplish. Have a good week and I hope to see you again next week.


No comments: