Monday, March 18, 2024

Finishes and some progress

Here it is the start of another week and a week where I hope that I can continue to move things forward. It is going to be a busy week so now to focus on at least making some progress on things.

This last week I was able to spend some time stitching and I am happy with the overall progress that I was able to make on the projects that I picked up.

Sheltie - here is one of my old starts that I wanted to see if I could get it moved forward this week because it has been sitting around for a very long time.

This piece was only around 40 x 60 stitches, so it didn't take me long once I was able to pick it up and focus on it. It felt great being able to get this piece done so that is another project that was started years ago off my list of projects to do. 

I do have another project similar to this, but it is going to wait for a while. It feels great being able to continue to get more of the projects out and finally completed so now to see what happens and how I am going to finish this piece.

Blue bird - after I finished Sheltie it was time to look through my projects and see if there was something else so that is exactly what I did.

Here is a project that I started in 2019 and figured it was time to pull it out and see if I could get it finished. The key was the part of the piece that wasn't as enjoyable to do as it was using metallic thread. I figured it wouldn't take me long to move this piece from a started to a finished project.

The bird was a lot of fun to stitch, and it didn't take long to get it all done so that was great.  It was only two colours of thread for the entire project so that made it easy to do. I am not certain why I didn't get this piece finished before now but at least it is now finished and that makes me feel so much better.

There are two more birds in this series but once again as they aren't started yet I am going to wait and work on them later on. Currently I am trying to move things forward so will see how that goes.

This Blue Bird is by Wild Violet and now I just need to figure out how I am going to finish it but that will wait until I am in a finishing mood.

Star Touched Meadows Stitch Along - January - between trying to move projects to a finish I knew that I needed to spend some time working on the January section of the Star Touched Meadows Stitch Along.

I was going to focus on this piece over the weekend but after working on the blue bird I decided that this project would get some attention. I am enjoying working on this piece when i pick it up as I can sit and work on a colour and see some good progress.

I know that I am behind on this project as the February and March patterns have been released and in a couple of weeks April will be released but it doesn't bother me. When I started this project, I figured I wouldn't be keeping up with it because I also want to work on other projects as well.

It does feel good having a project that I can pick up and work on it for a little bit and actually see progress on it. I am going to see if I pick this up again this week because it would be nice to add some more colours to the piece. I am trying to work on the bottom section of the design so that I can at least get some of the white done on the piece instead of leaving it all to the end. 

Alzheimer's Poem - here is another project that was started quite a while ago. This project was started in 2020 and it didn't get any love in 2023 so I figured it was time to pull it out and maybe work on it to see if I could get it done.

I charted this poem myself after seeing the poem as a poster. It said a lot of the things that we were feeling at the time I started it, so I felt I needed to stitch it. We are still feeling those feelings now and I would like to see if I can get this piece finished before to long.

To complete this piece, I just need to finish all the last two sections and then the piece will be finished. I am going to see if I can focus on this piece this coming week to move it closer to a finish.

You may think that stitching words work up quicky but when you have to stop and start your thread between each word it does take some time. Also, this is on 22 count fabric so it takes a bit more focus given I am going it over 1 thread.

Let's see what I can get done on this project this week. I will try and continue to add more stitches to it each day as I would love to have it done before too long.

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - my knitting did get some attention this week as I was getting closer to a finish, and I wanted to see if I could get it finished.

Of course, there were days when reading the pattern just didn't work as well as I liked, and it meant taking rows out a couple of times. It became my goal of when I was having a good knitting day to try and get as many rows done as I could. By the time we got to the weekend I have three rows left to knit and then the cast off, so I was determined to get it finished.

The shawl is now finished, and all the ends are sewn in so that means that there is another knitting project off the list of projects that I wanted to do.

I am going to see what project I pull out next because I don't have a project that is currently on the go that I want to work on. Last this week I do a Mystery Knit Along that I hope to start but will see how that goes. Before I post any pictures of this shawl, I will have to see what the rules are regarding doing that. I have never done a Mystery Knit Along, so I figured it was time to try and do something a little different.

Other projects - I have been working on my English Paper Piecing this last week so that is something else that has got some attention.

This coming week I am not certain what will get the attention other than the Alzheimer's Poem as I would like to get that piece closer to a finish.

I hope everyone is having a good time and you are finding time to do the things that you enjoy doing. It doesn't have to be major projects and for long times each day. Making sure that you are finding that time where you can relax and recharge your own personal battery is the important thing.

Hope everyone has a good week and hopefully I will have a bit of progress on things to show you next week. 
 

No comments: