Monday, April 17, 2023

Progress, start and a finish

Here it is the start of another week and now to see how things go this coming week. It has been an interesting week as I have been pulling projects back out will also trying to continue to move projects forward that I have had on the go for the last little while. 

I have also been busy doing other things outside of crafting so that has meant that I haven't had quite as much time to work on things as I would have liked.

Mini the Forgotten - yes, this piece came back out this week as I want to continue to move it forward.

I didn't get a lot of time to work on this piece this week but at least I was able to move it forward again. It is rather difficult to see a lot of the progress as I worked on filling in some of the single stitches in the areas of her dress. It is something that I have wanted to try and do so now to see how it goes moving forward. I am trying to move the background up more as well as will in the dress so that I will be able to move the entire piece up before too long.

Florence Law - here is the piece that I only started a week ago and I have been trying to make some progress on it. 

This project is working on quickly and that is probably because it is just one colour and I have been able to focus on getting sections done on it. As it is a reproduction sampler, I am also making sure that if there are slight changes to the pattern, I can catch them. I hope that I can continue to move this forward in the next week.

On this project I have been trying to work each border row so that I know where all the words and letters will go moving forward. I have got to the top of the design now, so it is just a matter of willing in all of the areas. Now that I have the sections figured out, I think I will work on filling in the various sections instead of bouncing around like I have been doing.

This week I am going to be trying to focus on moving this piece forward again as I would like to see that I have been able to get closer to having this piece completed. It is currently almost 36% completed so if I can get to around 70% done by the end of this week, I would be very happy but only time will tell.

Diagonal Garter Shawl - this project became my knitting focus piece and that is because I started this shawl a few years ago and figured it was time to work on getting it finished. I discovered this piece a couple of weeks ago and figured it was time to pick it up and work on it. When I picked it up, I had 15 inches to knit on it as well as all of the decrease. This project became the piece that I worked on for the 30 minutes a day as I wanted to see if I could get it finished before too long.

Doing the 30 minutes of knitting on a project a day does help get the project moved forward even if it doesn't seem like a long time. Having that time where you can just sit and knit does mean quick a bit of progress on it. So yes, I finished this project this past week and loved how it turned out. Yesterday, I sat down and got all the ends also sewn in, so I just need to block the piece and it's totally done.

Now that I finished one version of the Diagonal Garter Shawl, I decided it was time to get another one on the needles so after deciding on which colour yarn I was going to use it was time to get my hubby to assist in winding a ball of yarn. As you can see, I didn't get very much progress on this piece last night but at least it is started and it will be the project that I work on when I want to keep my hands busy but need to focus on something else like watching a webinar or such.

This project will not be my 30 minutes of knitting a day for now but at least I have it available for when I need to pick up something for even those few minutes.

Wedding Shawl - here is the project that has come back to being the 30 minutes of knitting project for the next little while. There is no progress picture this week because I only got 30 minutes of knitting done on it. This should be getting 30 minutes a day this week and I hope to see some really good progress on it. Of course, 30 minutes a day normally means around 6 or 8 rows so hopefully I will be able to continue to do that.

Other projects - I haven't worked on any other projects this week as I have been trying to focus on keeping the number of things on the go to a minimum so that I can see more progress on a few items.

I hope everyone has a good week and you continue to find your time each day to recharge and focus on taking some time for yourself. I hope to have some progress on a few things next week but time will tell.






 

No comments: